Sign in to follow this  
Dschulle

[new function]pitch/ bank angle

unofficial Bank/ Pitch angle functionextension for OFP.

Skriptpackage offers 3 new functions:

GetBankPitch

GetBank

GetPitch

All you have to do, is copy some files to your mission folder and initialize the objects you want to use the functions with:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[<unit1>,<unit2>, ...] exec "initBankPitch.sqs"<span id='postcolor'>

Functions are then global available in the mission.

Sample:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_inclination= Jeep2 call GetPitch

or

_BankPitch = Plane1 call GetBankPitch

_Pitch = _BankPitch select 1

<span id='postcolor'>

Get it here

Sample mission and Readme included.

That's beautiful so far, but when you come up with a function to actually SET the pitch&bank, drop me an e-mail wink.gif

I don't think that's possible. There are ways to fake such a command, like placing small objects under wingtips or looping a waypoint command, but these are kind of "dirty" solutions.

Another test would be a addon which defines two new axis and using the animphase command. But I haven't tried this.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dschulle @ Jan. 20 2003,15:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Another test would be a addon which defines two new axis and using the animphase command. But I haven't tried this.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm... if it's done that way it means that the behaviour of the plane will be totally independent of the "animated" roll since the flight model takes account only the "real" roll & pitch. Visually it could give nice effects but is no good for vehicles. And not to mention that you actually have to make new models for it.

I used an almost identical method in my ProSphere scripts. I haven't read through yours completely yet, but two things occur:

1) You'll lose accuracy as you move towards the upper/right corner of the map (you're using the distance command, not triggers to determine absolute height).

2) If you've made your drop functions atomic, then this point doesn't apply. I had to put a catch in here to normalize the vector components of the dropped particles - particular when the vehicle is speeding along. Otherwise the arc trig functions will error out when asked to chew on something greater than unity.

Prospero

I have seen your Prosphere Skripts, nice work! (also it was hard to understand, when most variables only have one letter;)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1) You'll lose accuracy as you move towards the upper/right corner of the map (you're using the distance command,not triggers to determine absolute height).

<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, I realized that. First I also wanted to use a trigger, but </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_tst = "trigger" camcreate[x,y,z]<span id='postcolor'>failed and I hate to use skripts which require special objects, which have to be placed in the editor, like triggers...

Can anybody tell me, how to camcreate a trigger? I thought I read it long time ago, but couldn't find it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2) If you've made your drop functions atomic,then this point doesn't apply. I had to put a catch in here to normalize the vector components of the dropped particles - particular when the vehicle is speeding along. Otherwise the arc trig functions will error out when asked to chew on something greater than unity.

<span id='postcolor'>I haven't encountered this problem. Testet the command with a A10 at full speed...

I'm calling the 3 drops in one function, so I think they can be asumed to be atomic. (drop lifetime is 0)

And I used the atan2 function, which hasn't the restiction of the normal arc functions.

By the way can anybody tell me a save way to check if an object is initialized? For instance if you want to initialize an object only the first time? [EDIT: Know this one by now, thanks to vektorboson]

Camcreate a Trigger:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Trigger = "EmptyDetector" createVehicle [_x, _y, _z]<span id='postcolor'>

Test if variable is initialized:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">?format["%1", MEINLOGIC] == "scalar bool array string 0xfcffffef": MEINLOGIC = "Logic" createVehicle [_x, _y, _z]<span id='postcolor'>

Thanx to vektorboson. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dschulle @ Jan. 21 2003,08:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Camcreate a Trigger:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Trigger = "EmptyDetector" createVehicle [_x, _y, _z]<span id='postcolor'>

Test if variable is initialized:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">?format["%1", MEINLOGIC] == "scalar bool array string 0xfcffffef": MEINLOGIC = "Logic" createVehicle [_x, _y, _z]<span id='postcolor'>

Thanx to vektorboson. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Oooh good show. I didn't know that!

Prospero

Trigger = "EmptyDetector" createVehicle [_x, _y, _z]

Sweet!

Now, how do you make sure you create it at 0 ASL?

(mmm... try createvehicle _x, _y)

(then try creating it 30000,30000,0]

(then just see if it really matters what you set the Z to)

now can we set the conditions/activation of a trigger?

hehe.

give me a little and I want more more more!

Get Height ASL using a trigger seems to work fine  biggrin.gif

Just updated my functions (same Link as above).

I used </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_trigger = "EmptyDetector" createvehicle [0,0,0]<span id='postcolor'>

then:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_trigger setpos [_unitpos select 0, _unitpos select 1, 0]

_distance = _trigger distance _unit<span id='postcolor'>

Trigger does stay at SL!

Actually trigger is 2-3m below Sea Level...

PS: I don't think that it's possible to set any condition for the trigger, so might only be used for ASL sort of stuff confused.gif

EDIT: Corrected Code, Thanx bigpoppa wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dschulle @ Jan. 24 2003,12:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I used </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_trigger = createvehicle [0,0,0]<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

Of course it should read

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_trigger = "EmptyDetector" createvehicle [0,0,0]<span id='postcolor'>

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dschulle @ Jan. 24 2003,12:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_trigger setpos [_unitpos select 0, _unitpos select 1, 0]

_distance = _trigger distance _unit<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

You are still using the distance command. To avoid substantial rounding errors, I would use:

_aslheightofobject = (getpos theobject select 2) - (getpos trigger select 2)

In place of:

_distance = _trigger distance _unit

Prospero

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dschulle @ Jan. 21 2003,02:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Test if variable is initialized:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">?format["%1", MEINLOGIC] == "scalar bool array string 0xfcffffef": MEINLOGIC = "Logic" createVehicle [_x, _y, _z]<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

Resourceful but I think that's a workaround too round. smile.gif (nichts gut)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_error = true;

?(MUJLOGIC == MUJLOGIC):_error = false;

?(_error):MUJLOGIC = "Logic" createVehicle [_x, _y, _z];<span id='postcolor'>

Longer, but... smile.gif