specialsmith

Recommend intense, compact PvP/TvT mission or mode

Hi all,

We just concluded our LAN-party last night. Actually this time the LAN-party we've arranged more than 20 times was done over internet due to COVID-19 and the lockdown we have on. Well anyway, we had some 12-16 players online most of the active time throughout the weekend. We spent a lot of time in KOTH. While that was fun as heck, we were still left missing decent team vs. team action between our own gang. So that leads me to make the question to you dear community; what would you recommend for group of 10-16 players to play against each other?

Some considerations:

• We feel that many of the tested missions/modes are designed for largers scale than what our player amount supports
    • We played WARMACHINE (which by the way is great mod/mission!), but that also spreads us wide on the map, even in the most compact possible setup. The tempo of the battle is easily lost in that case.
  • We would wish to play without AI team mates
  • Infantry warfare is more interesting with this small group
  • It would be optimal if there was a goal in the game other than just killing others to motivate engagement in smarter way. A bit like in current version of KOTH, the common target and the ever moving priority area makes it so much more interesting to play basically eliminating the remote snipers almost completely
  • A bit in line with the above bullet; good TvT mission would require the teams move actively to mitigate camping and other passive behaviors

What do you play with similar group size?

On 3/30/2020 at 3:57 PM, target_practice said:

You could try some of the official modes like endgame?

I absolutely agree. Actually, the original plan of our lan-party was to go through the official game modes of which some have been released with the DLCs. Unfortunately we didn’t get to the End Game yet. I tried it alone for test, and I am afraid the PVE aspect of it might be unwanted by the group. We need to test it first in a bigger session i guess. Something like what Argo provides (that game mode with those links or whatever) could be interesting and suitable for relatively small group (6vs6 or so).