gc8

Radio anim on player

Hi

I wanted to play the radio listening animation on player but only got it working with the AI. Here's my code:

listenToRadioAnim =
{
params ["_man"];

_man playMove "Acts_listeningToRadio_In";

_man playMove "Acts_listeningToRadio_Loop";

_man playMove "Acts_listeningToRadio_Out";
};

rm call listenToRadioAnim;

When rm is AI it works but when I try to run this code on player the player just puts his weapon on back

Anyone know whats wrong?

thx!

Btw, can you make the animation play when unit is kneeling so that the stance doesn't change?

Edited by gc8
another question

For an easier radio animation, I use:

_unit playAction "handSignalRadio";

This plays a brief radio gesture/animation which works in all stances, but looks bad in prone. Otherwise, have you tried switchMove or playMoveNow?

11 hours ago, phronk said:

For an easier radio animation, I use:

_unit playAction "handGestureRadio";

This plays a brief radio gesture/animation which works in all stances, but looks bad in prone. Otherwise, have you tried switchMove or playMoveNow?

I tried those commands you suggested but I get same results. And _man playAction "handGestureRadio"; does nothing 

Still haven't got this working. switchmove is only thing I get working on player but not these playmoves:

_man playMove "Acts_listeningToRadio_In";   // Doesn't work on player, player puts weapon away

_man playMove "Acts_listeningToRadio_Loop"; // Same

_man playMove "Acts_listeningToRadio_Out"; // Same

_man playMove "Acts_Kore_TalkingOverRadio_loop"; // Does nothing

_man playMove"Acts_Kore_TalkingOverRadio_in"; // Does nothing

also tried with playMoveNow

Edit: tried with playActionNow but that does nothing

Edited by gc8
playActionNow

I've actually had these animations "working" on players on my dedicated server, but it looked too glitchy and blocked the player's ability to shoot and stuff during the animation, so it wasn't as cool as I initially thought it'd be. The issues I ran into was that the animation didn't always play when I wanted it too, it needed to be remoteExec'd (Even though it's on a player, which is odd), and when the player would move to break the animation their character would glitch between a weapon switching animation and prone animation, even if they were standing/crouching. Personally, I did away with it and decided to use the hand gesture which the correct classname is:

_man playAction"HandSignalRadio"

Those animations are a pain in the ass to get working on a player. On an AI, remember to also use _man disableAI"ANIM" to help prevent the AI from transitioning into something else. The gesture works fine and is global, without need for remoteExec, because of how playAction works.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, phronk said:

_man playAction"HandSignalRadio"

ok now I got that working , I don't know what I did wrong before but that's first animation that is working for me :)  (both AI and player)

thx!