Djavu

Hide object for a specific player

Hello people. Need help. I'm creating a CQB training site, the targets will be virtual reality units, (O_Soldier_VR_F).
The scenario will be for Dedicated server. Units will only be generated and visible to players if they are wearing VR Glasses. If you remove the glasses they will be hidden.
The problem I'm having is that if one of the players removes the glasses, the VR units will be hidden from everyone, and if I use a condition that verifies that everyone removed the glasses to hide the units, it will happen that the units will be visible there too for players without glasses, and will only be hidden if everyone takes off their glasses.
I would like to know if in any way it is possible to hide an object, (in this case the VR unit) locally only for the player without the glasses, without affecting the others. I hope I have been clear. Thanks.

Guys, sorry. I'm used to using the hideObjectGlobal command. Only now have I seen the hideObject command, which according to the Wiki, hides the object locally in MP. Sorry for my ignorance. Thanks.

• Like 1

There's a few commands like that. If it has "global" or "local" in it, you can expect there to be a partner command to cover the other locality. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good day, I'm working on my first Zeus mission. It's part of an existing campaign, and I'm offered to start helping to build mission files.
I never attempted this before, but quite excited to continue helping on our campaign in future. The basics are fine, but scripting I need to learn (I have a background is software programming that helps a bit).

I have a mission today, but only now found this post!

Alpha 1 and Alpha 2 squads will get drugged and be hallucinating. I have two squads of VR entities and would like to hide them from the Bravo 1 squad (not drugged - doing over watch).

On 3/20/2020 at 3:18 AM, Djavu said:

Guys, sorry. I'm used to using the hideObjectGlobal command. Only now have I seen the hideObject command, which according to the Wiki, hides the object locally in MP. Sorry for my ignorance. Thanks.

Do I use the hideObject command on the player/squad or on the VR Object/squad?
Please assist with the syntax. I assume it goes into the init field.

Grouped variable names are set to:  alpha_1 ; alpha_2 ;  vr_1 ;  vr_2 ; bravo_1

Ideally these will be normal rifle men with very low skills. My current solution is to use VR and tell Bravo 1 to ignore any VR entities they see and not report on them (but breaks the immersion a bit...), only report on normal men.