DarkPhoenixxx

Forcing the crew of the vehicle to stay turned in when player turns out

Is there a way to keep the crew hidden in the vehicle while player commander turns out (like they did in WW2). The only way currently that I know of is to edit vehicle config with forceHideDriver=1; Setting behaviour to combat works only as long as player is not in the vehicle, when player enters the vehicle AI will always copy his stance.

EDIT:

Another way I came up with is to add Turn In/Turn Out into the command menu - object and entity interactions [6] so one can order AI to turn in. Anyone know how to designate action as eligible to show up in that menu?

Edited by DarkPhoenixxx
Added

In this topic i have other observation - on config level, something is able to make whole turret's class setting for all turrets as (external) what cause problems with hide driver and gunners to internal after that even if you have 

canHideGunner = -1;    or forceHideGunner = 1; it stay in outside, only help setting is canHideGunner = 1; and manual change it to internal but it is not solution for this problem , question is why this happen and what setting cause this "outside" state by default (not inside as it is in whole units normally.

tested - solution found

in main class HideProxyInCombat = 1; //on this depend all this crap behaviour in turrets clases but not always 0 or 1 make expected effect you must try both to see what happen

canHideGunner = -1;
                forceHideGunner = 1;
                viewGunnerInExternal = 1;

No need for mod. Since 2.04, just use : this setCombatBehaviour "CARELESS";  on commander. He will not turn in. Tested on Marshall APC.

Note: Works only on commander, so far.