Sign in to follow this  
Humvee

Morph?

I'm making a campaign about a dude. He's camping with his friends when suddenly Russians invade the island. He doesn't know if he should fight or surrender.

But now comes the hard part:

When he finds his best friends dead body he is sure that he wants to fight! So in a cutscene I want him in civil outfit (easy!wink.gif but when the camera starts turning I want him to morph into a Resistance dude. Is this posible?

PS: could you give me a cam script to? I want the cam to start at his face and start turning around (and when the cam comes to his back I want him to morph) and end at his face again, slowly.

Thx

humvee

sorry don't know that!

Another question: How do I make civil not fear Commies?

When I'm thinking of "Morph" you can't do it as it sounds like you want it to. However, you can do this:

This has to be done with AI

Get the camera directly on his face. Zoom in so you see the civi body like you want ti.

Now, take another AI (This time a resistance AI) and using the setpos command, switch them. If it works like it should, then when you zoom out, you get a resistance dude.

Just a rough idea, and I'm not in the thinking mood right now, (Very sick!wink.gif so I'll try and help you out later.

Harnu's way is probably your best bet. Of course a little tweaking to get it to your personal specs. If you don't know how to cam script, have no fear. Try as search for:

"camera.sqs"

You may find this very helpful.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Humvee @ Jan. 17 2003,20:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sorry don't know that!

Another question: How do I make civil not fear Commies?<span id='postcolor'>

someguy setbehaviour "Careless"

someguy = name of civilian

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Jan. 17 2003,21:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When I'm thinking of "Morph" you can't do it as it sounds like you want it to.  However, you can do this:

This has to be done with AI

Get the camera directly on his face.  Zoom in so you see the civi body like you want ti.

Now, take another AI (This time a resistance AI) and using the setpos command, switch them.  If it works like it should, then when you zoom out, you get a resistance dude.<span id='postcolor'>

If it looks bad, you could put a fade to black and back in in between the changes.

cuttext ["","black out", 3]

setpos ... switch the units

cuttext ["","black in", 3]

You can change the # to whatever time you want the fade to last in seconds.

OK dudes the civil don't fear commie I already found,

And thanks for all your good tips I'll try them!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">cuttext ["","black out", 3]

setpos ... switch the units

cuttext ["","black in", 3]

<span id='postcolor'>

Does this has to be in a .sqs file or just in a trigger?

thx!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Red Sunrise? <span id='postcolor'>

Is that a book by John Marsden?

Saw a film with P. Swayze (was very young in it).

Wasn't it called "The RED DAWN" ?

okok but,

does the script have do be in a trigger or a .sqs file.