DracheTek

[Question]How does vanilla Macer missile work in ACE3

I was trying to get vanilla Macer (renamed AGM-65G IIRC) missile working in ACE3. The "Press T to lock" system does not work, and the missile does not follow laser marker. Does anybody happen to know how it works? Please help. thanks.

Yep, the Macer seems to be modeled on the Maverick G series. It's been a while since I flew & fired one, but I believe the 'T' to lock is the previous way of targeting which was replaced in core ArmA3 when the Jets DLC was released.You should now just have to approach targets with heat signatures within your aircraft's sensing range/window and valid targets will be detected and locked. IIRC pressing the Next Target command will cycle though them if there's more than one valid target. In the showcase mission for the Wipeout you also have a forward scout unit that's putting an IR dot on targets with a laser, making things easier.  Something I recall with certainty, is that post Jets DLC laser targeting is done by pressing CTRL+RMB to go into an ordnance view and then maneuvering your aircraft so that the cross hair that appears is placed over the desired target and then releasing. That only works with LOM-250G, GBU-12 and possibly the Scalpel and DAGR  ordnance though. I have the ACE3 mod too and don't recall it changing anything with aircraft targeting.

Anyhow, hope that's helpful.