Sign in to follow this  
Oldninja

Rat Traps & Boxes of Plants

Hi Devs,

I wonder if you could look into a little issue I unearthed this very day.

I originally estimated that I could reach the next reward level of food donation, based on the fact that my Rat Traps are maxed, and my smoke house is at level 10. Enhancing my total food collected by 28%. (Ignoring my boxes of plants for the moment). It has become clear that I will not. I pondered for a while, wondering if maths had changed since I attended school some 40 odd years ago. But no, maths is still the same.

The maths :-

Each Rat Traps produces 10.2 food per hour. The smoke house increases that by 28%. This equals 13.56 food per hour.

Sadly whilst playing today, I checked every hour to observe the output of the Rat Traps. After 4 hours the total for each Rat Trap was 41. (BI kindly rounded the decimal .8 up to the nearest whole number, hence 41 and not 40.8).

OK thinks I. When you collect the food the system does the calculation and actually adds the enhanced amount to my total.

No.... It added 41! When it should have added 52. Sacre Bleu...

As this miscalculation has been going on for quite some time, it would seem that you owe me quite a lot of food!

Same effect on my Boxes of Plants. Tested them as well and won't bore you with the maths.

I urge all outlanders to do a quick test to check if you're food producers are short changing you as mine clearly are.

Devs, unless I have misunderstood how food producers and there respective enhancing mechanisms work, could this be corrected, for at least the next food donation cycle?

• Like 1

my traps produce 10.6 food per hour at level 13/13 and my smokehouse is at 11/13 which is an increase by 32% I think the increase is already reflected in the output of the trap, not and additional 32% of 10.6. I harvested all at 6pm and will check to see if it adds up. Also I think its an increase from the base output maybe and it doesn't stack.

Anybody else with a higher smokehouse and max rat traps show a different output?

*edit* yep it looks like I got 10.6 or 11 pieces of food in the first hour. about to level up the smoke house to 12/13 and ill see if the output changes

• Thanks 1

Hi Sakabato,

Thanks for that. It now makes sense. Been holding off updates as I thought the mechanics were faulty, but your reply has restored my faith.

It's not how I thought it worked but I'm ok with it.

Thanks again.