Sign in to follow this  
STS_SolidSnake

Do i have to have the matrox parhelia to play in s

Hi, i just bought 3 TFT 20" screens and 'id like to know if i can play in surround with the geforce 4 ti 4600, or do i have to have a Matrox Parhelia confused.gif

Thx

-Snake

I think only the Parhelia supports this.

Say! Could you by me a new Amana stainless side by side fridge?

Just askin'. smile.gif

I dont think your GF4 even has connectors to connet all three of those, so Parhelia is the (only?) way...

Apart from the previous generation nVidia Quadro boards, only the Parhelia supports 3 monitors. Just take a look at the back of your card, you should get 2 DVI and perhaps a TV out, but I don't think you can use them as 3 unique outputs, only 2.

The 3 screens can connect to each other so it actually only connects with 1 cable

Oh damn, i can see my desktop in surround but not games  sad.gif

guess ill have to buy a parhelia  sad.gif

-Snake

PS: Avon whats that fridge about tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Jan. 16 2003,13:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">PS: Avon whats that fridge about tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I figured you have nothing to do with your spare change. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Jan. 16 2003,12:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The 3 screens can connect to each other so it actually only connects with 1 cable

-Snake

PS: Avon whats that fridge about tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, if you already have three monitors, then you really don't have any other choice.

The bad thing is that Perhelia performace is not as good as GF4 ti 4600 performance. Image quality is better though, but performace is more important.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Jan. 16 2003,20:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Jan. 16 2003,12:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The 3 screens can connect to each other so it actually only connects with 1 cable

-Snake

PS: Avon whats that fridge about tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, if you already have three monitors, then you really don't have any other choice.

The bad thing is that Perhelia performace is not as good as GF4 ti 4600 performance. Image quality is better though, but performace is more important.<span id='postcolor'>

Damn,

will the geforce fx feature surround? confused.gif

-Snake

You say you can connect 3 monitors with 1 cable. What is your desktop resolution when you do this?

I would be surprised that your video card recognises the configuration and exposes those modes, but even if it does for windows desktop, it may not for a full screen render target.