johnnyboy

Need water splash effect where there is no water

I'm building a water feature above sea level for my own nefarious purposes (soon to be revealed).  I need to be able to create a splash effect when something falls in it.  This will be above sea level so I can't use my spawn a bullet to hit water trick.  The splash size should be visually nice for when a man-sized object falls into water.

I'm guessing it involves the Drop command which will take me forever to figure out how to do.  Normally I'm a do-it-yourself guy, but the Drop command has a big learning curve.  So I'm hoping there is a Drop command guru out there. Somebody may have already made this for another purpose and can share...?

Or maybe there is a way to dig the splash effect out of the configs somehow?

I will be eternally grateful and credit you on this project (it will be worth it!)  😉  

_nul = [] spawn { 
  _emitter1 = "#particlesource" createVehicleLocal ( player getPos[ 10, getDir player ] ); 
  _emitter1 setParticleClass "WaterSplash"; 
  sleep 1; 
  deleteVehicle _emitter1; 
};

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Larrow said:

_nul = [] spawn { 
  _emitter1 = "#particlesource" createVehicleLocal ( player getPos[ 10, getDir player ] ); 
  _emitter1 setParticleClass "WaterSplash"; 
  sleep 1; 
  deleteVehicle _emitter1; 
};

"Ask and ye shall receive!".  Perfect.  Thanks for saving me a bunch of time, and enabling success of my next special script!  I sent you a beer as a small token for all the times you have helped me and others.  Thank you sir, and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

• Like 5