lato190

Mikero Convertwrp

okay guys i need your help. I bought the Mikero tools for 35 dollars and im very interested in the convertwrp tool, but all i get when i convert the wrp is another wrp in 8WVR format. But i need .Pew file. Im trying to convert SouthAsia map to pew.

i can open the 8WVR wrp in terrain builder, but i dont have any mask, terrain, satmap etc. Nor can i go into buldozer with it.

If i cant convert it to pew, any way to get the terrain, masks etc out of it ?

mask you will need to remake it, the sat you will have to line up all the tiles yourself

• Thanks 1

okay and is there a way to get all the cfgclutter, cfgsurface, config etc out of the wrp/pew ?

why would they be in the wrp?

Maybe you should do a guide first, so you understand how it works

There are reasonably clear instructions in the readme's accompanying my tools.

You were told this on EVERY splash screen of EVERY tool of mine that you installed.

start programs->mikero->depbotools->any.exe->documentation.

you can navigate to the very same files by:

c:\program files (x86)\mikero\depbotools\some_exe\documentation

the 'documentation' can become rather extensive depending on the complexity of the tool. for the simple ones, 'documentation' simply means 'readme.txt'

----

the default conversion is to 8wvr (unbinarised, arma format). This, is equivalent to the exported wrp that would have been made in the other direction. Ie Terrain Builder (or visitor3) > export.

you can also discover this for yourself by simply typing:
    convertwp
in a dos prompt

it will give you the syntax required on the command line to make the magic happen. The uninitiated, the 'syntax' is in what's known as 'bachus_naur format'. Any dos tool worth paying for, from anyone, closely adheres to it. Learn how to read it once, you read 'syntax' forever.

in your case:

convertwrp  NameOfWrp   60

will produce a NameOfWrp.pew

----

is there a way to get all the cfgclutter, cfgsurface, config etc out of the wrp/pew

absolutely. Its already in front of you in the config.cpp/bin that came with the wrp. These 'classes' have nothing to do with the wrp itself.

-----

as for satmasks and etc, this tool was written for arma1 and 2 where a recovered satmask served no purpose because there was bugger all you could do with it to improve the resolution it already gave you. While this comment applies equally to arma3, the goalposts have changed a little, in that, you are supposed to additionally,  manually paint the satmask with roads and bulding shadows etc.

An excellent tool from PennyWorth already exists to regenerate  satmask out of the layers folder of the wrp you're interested in.

Hello Everybody. i have problem with packing my island( Mikero Tools) dont understand this error massage :

using binarise.exe to binarise wrp
        copying/crunching to temp...
.In File : Line 0 Invalid error status. Rubbish Character(s) perhaps at eol or eof
rapify failed. View->output (hotze\hotze_mske)
hotze_mske.pbo not produced due to error(s)
Job(s) completed in 7secs on Sat Dec 14 15:56:20 2019

turn on noisy option and after crunching again,. view->output. Buried deep in that output, you will find that message adjacent to the line in the config.cpp that it's upset about.