Sign in to follow this  
Kuljack

Game freeze at match start

I’ve seen some weird bugs in this game; getting caught in rocks, objects changing colors, brilliant gold shiny blinding map of death... all these are manageable or avoidable with adaptation.

The one I cannot figure out how to fix or prevent, is when at match start the game just freezes at the map with a black background. I’m stuck with a 10s cooldown. My teammates never seem to get this though. Everytime, I reset game and I loose everything I start match with.

Is this a known bug and any way to avoid it? I usually don’t mind loosing my gear cause I can craft it again, but it is a bummer when you get excited to do the match only to not.

It happens many times. 

If you stay on the freeze screen, your mate will be able to see you, AND able to kill you. At least, make your friend take your weapons before you leave the game. He will be a threat of course, but he can straight leave and save your good weapons, if you have some.

I think this needs to be addressed in the extent of loosing your gear to this bug. Happened 3 times to me now only been playing less than a week and I have had the game crash or freeze up at the lobby screen probably a few times as well. Can the dev's at least change the game mechanic so you don't loose your gear if it happens before the 10 sec timer for the match start has finished counting down. Ok I can see how some players could exploit this if they don't want to play a full lobby so they leave full lobbies without a penalty, but I think for the most part it wont be that much of an issue most people who play often enough will stay we know its these bigger lobbies where the loot can be boosted 4 to 5 time easily. Things like crowns spent on loot should probably be lost otherwise this would create a big loophole to exploit. Groups of players might search together get 4 in a lobby 3 boost the loot then quit before the match starts and the other guy gets to loot high tear with the rest of the lobby. But having your gear saved and not loosing it due to leaving a game before the 10 sec start timer finishes would save a lot of us from being fingered by a bug in the game. Either that or fix the dam game so it wont happen so much

Civilian that a good idea have your buddy kill you and save your high end gear but only works on duo's, in solo your just fingered in the but and loose gear, I am fairly new and some guns I cannot craft ammo for but have found it taken the gun out only to get fingered by a bug and loose my gun. What hurts me the most at the moment is I play a pretty cautions game and don't get killed much, don't kill many people either but loot fast leave early and don't get greedy. Crafting med's hurts me hard in the resources department at the moment so to loose my meds and spend another 1500 crafting 3 low tear med's soon ads up if I have to do it 2 or 3 times in a gaming session. I know soon I will be paying 60 crowns to insure a buddy who has plenty of pain killers and other med's, getting him in a match with a inventory full of meds and killing him to get my supplies up. At least then It wont be hurting me as much. Seems to be one solution to this problem for me.