starfan28

Missions I made and exported to MPMissions not able to be loaded from the editor

So.. When I make my own mission, completely from scratch. I get it finished and hit the "Export" and select "Multiplayer". I see the mission appear in the "Arma 3\MPMissions" folder, but when I try to open the mission in the editor by going to "Open" > "MPMissions" there's nothing there.

I've verified I'm in the correct profile

I've verified my game cache

I've tried deleting the "MPMissions" folder and recreating it

I've tried deleting the "MPMissions" folder and then verifying the cache to let Steam replace it

Hello, welcome to Bi forums!

Verifying the game cache and deleting the mpmissions folder wont do anything, and isn't needed.

1 hour ago, starfan28 said:

I see the mission appear in the "Arma 3\MPMissions" folder, but when I try to open the mission in the editor by going to "Open" > "MPMissions" there's nothing there.

Exported pbo for mp will be here C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions

What you want to load is your mission thats in the editor which is not this file path above, it will be here in missions:

C:\Users\Username\Documents\Arma 3\missions

When you created the mission did you save it, or did you just export it right away after you finished working on it?

3 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Hello, welcome to Bi forums!

Verifying the game cache and deleting the mpmissions folder wont do anything, and isn't needed.

Exported pbo for mp will be here C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions

What you want to load is your mission thats in the editor which is not this file path above, it will be here in missions:

C:\Users\Username\Documents\Arma 3\missions

When you created the mission did you save it, or did you just export it right away after you finished working on it?

I saved it and then exported it immediately. So I do have a copy, but I've always been able to load missions from the Arma 3\MPMissions folder. Just in case there's any miscommunication here's a picture of what I'm referencing.

Here's a picture of what my MPMissions folder looks like, I was able to load these yesterday, but this morning while I was working on a mission I went to check and I couldn't load any of the exported missions.

As for "C:\Users\Username\Documents\Arma 3\missions" I have almost nothing in here besides some missions from 2013/2016. All of my missions are in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Profile Name\UserSaved\missions

12 hours ago, starfan28 said:

Just in case there's any miscommunication here's a picture of what I'm referencing.

This is the editor folder for the mpmissions, your exported pbo wont be in this folder, for you your mission you exported should be

here according to your address for your editor missions:

C:\Users\Username\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Profile Name\UserSaved\mpmissions

and your exported pbo will always show up in the Arma3 main directory.

If you export to SP it will be:

C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Missions

If you export to MP it will be:

C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions

You dont need to export your mission to MP to play it, you can launch a server in mp right from the editor, to do this:

1. Go to the menubar at the top of the editor, look for the word Play
  2. Click on play and a menu will appear, at the bottom of it it will say Play in Multiplayer (MP) See this page for further details https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Eden_Editor:_Preview

Doing that will launch your mission in MP lan right from the server, only time you really need to export a mission to a pbo is when

your going to put that mission on a server separate from your computer (dedicated, rented), or upload to share the mission.

12 hours ago, starfan28 said:

Here's a picture of what my MPMissions folder looks like

Ya because your not saving the mission to that folder,  exporting the mission which creates a pbo here ---->  C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions

Your trying to load a mission folder from the editor mpmissions folder but your issue is you never saved the mission there to begin with,

you just export the mission which puts a pbo into your mpmissions folder in your arma3 directory which is a different location then the editor folder.

Heres how it works:

If you save the mission in the editor by clicking the save icon (to the right of the open mission/file folder)

it will save the mission as a usermission which is a singleplayer mission, that will create a folder here C:\Users\Username\Documents\Arma 3\missions

If you want your mission to be loaded up from the mpmissions folder from the editor, then when you save your mission click on Save as then click on the MPmissions folder in the list,

type in the name of your mission and your mission will be saved here if you export your mission to sp or mp you wont see your mission in your mpmissions folder.