Sign in to follow this  
Kermit

Probability

Can one set the probability of presence for an entire group, so that either the group will be there at the start of the mission or it won't? If you do it individually for each unit in the group, then at the start of the mission that group is quite sparse, but always there are some units there (although technically if you restarted the mission several billion times, there'd be a time when they are all there or none are there).

Perhaps something could be arranged by assigning the group an identification?

You could set the probability of presence of the groups leader and have -

not alive leaders_name

in the condition field of a trigger and delete the group in the on activation field.

You can also fill in in the condition of presence field of the groupmembers alive leaders_name, then you don't have to delete the units with a trigger.

Nay, it's not working for me. Did you tested it ?

Put in init field of all group members : grp1

and include this code into init.sqs script :

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_i=random 100

grp1=true

?_i>80:grp1=false

<span id='postcolor'>

It gives you 80% chance that all units with grp1 in init field will be present on map.

Oops. I tried the way I decribed in previous post, but it is not working for me. I used it in several missions in past (OFP ver.1.46-) and I thought it was working correctly. But today I tested one of these old missions and it's not working anymore. (v.1.46 even v.1.91) crazy.gif

Only condition of presence that works is cadetmode.

What's wrong with it ?

Is only sollution to use deleteVehicle command now ? confused.gif

Nah Bart, Ottie's solution is still ok for me.

Leader: probability of presence: 50%

And into each groupmember's condition of presence field: alive leadername (off course except the leader's c-o-p field).

~S~ CD

Strange. It's not working for me. Only leader shows up or not, but all group members (with alive leadername in condition) never shows up. crazy.gif