Sign in to follow this  
leec

Mp coop hostage

I am workin on an MP COOP mission that if 1 player is shot with in an inch of his life he is took captaive untill the other players rescue him. Is this possible? If so could u explain. And please dont tell me to search cause i did for the past 14 hours ive went through about 6 forums over 1000 threads and still nothin. Maybe im tired and I missed somethin I dunno.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (whisperFFW06 @ Jan. 09 2003,15:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sorry to say this, but search would have shown you :

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....captive

unit setCaptive True/False

Whis'<span id='postcolor'>

nope aint it search does not show please read post carefully. I want a player not AI but human player crazy.gif

Post read carefully, setCaptive does work on players.

This all depend on what you call "he is took captive". What does this means?

Example could be :

Trigger with condition : (dammage player) > 0.8

on activation : player setCaptive True; player setPos getPos prison

Put player in captive state so that AI do not shoot at him and transports him to object prison.

But perhaps is it not what you're searching for.

So what your saying is this

Trigger with condition : (dammage soldier1) > 0.8

on activation : soldier1 setCaptive True; player setPos getPos prison

So tht would be exactly how I wouold do it? Then just the make the trigger big enuff so thaey dont kill him?

Do you want him to live and go into the prison, or die, or what man?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Jan. 10 2003,01:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do you want him to live and go into the prison, or die, or what man?<span id='postcolor'>

it dont matter i prefer him to repawn in prison, but i only want one certain one to respawn in the prison

So you only want one specific guy to respawn in the prison?

If I understood well, any player injured should go in prison.

Use the trigerred I specified, big enough to cover the zone of action of players, and it should put any injured player in the position of object named "prison" (where you can put anything, fences, etc... to make a prison). So you have to put somewhere an object named prison.

You can use a marker, but in this case, modify the setPos code to :

player setPos getMarkerPos prison

where prison is the name of the marker.

Do not forget the setCaptive, otherwise AI will continue to shoot at player until dead.

To reverse the player back to normal mode (ie AI shooting at him, when he is rescued for example), use

player setCaptive false

Hope this helps

Whis'

That trigger can be with 0,0 axis.

and don't forget to remove all weapons from player in prison because he can shoot enemy without being shot back.