Sign in to follow this  
Dallas Medina

Accidentally overwrote a main game file, need replacement.

Somehow, I overwrote one of the main .pbos, specifically Arma 3/Addons/data_f.pbo and now all the guys in my game are walking using the old animation (one hand on the rifle, the other hand swinging freely).

Don't ask me how I fucked that up, because all I was trying to do was add more flag textures to the vanilla flag folder in that PBO (to use on the USS Liberty). I have no idea how adding flag textures screwed up character animations.

Does anyone know how I can fix this, aside from un-installing and re-installing the entire game? I've already tried verifying game files with steam to no avail.

19 minutes ago, Dallas Medina said:

Somehow, I overwrote one of the main .pbos, specifically Arma 3/Addons/data_f.pbo and now all the guys in my game are walking using the old animation (one hand on the rifle, the other hand swinging freely).

Don't ask me how I fucked that up, because all I was trying to do was add more flag textures to the vanilla flag folder in that PBO (to use on the USS Liberty). I have no idea how adding flag textures screwed up character animations.

Does anyone know how I can fix this, aside from un-installing and re-installing the entire game? I've already tried verifying game files with steam to no avail.

Maybe delete that one file and then try verifying game files.

For adding new flags to the destroyer just add a little custom addon folder and adjust the path when using the flags. Or put them into the mission folder for easier use in MP so not everyone has to have your custom addon.

• Like 1