Sign in to follow this  
Commande'r

How do i get my addon's to work?

I have downloaded heaps of Addons but how do I get them to work. If you have way to help me can you post it as soon as you can please. xmas.gif

Tobias O'Neill A.K.A Commander

moving to troubleshooting.

copy the PBO files to appropriate folders as indicated in readme file.

Most generic addons go into your OFP/Addons folder. Some extreme examples require you to put them into OFP/Res/Addons folder.

Sound/map/miscellaneous addons go in various places but always include good documentation.

Also, I forgot this: Even if you install most generic addons you will never see them in game. You need to go into the editor and use them in missions there or download pre-made missions with the addons already used. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Jan. 05 2003,07:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Some extreme examples require you to put them into OFP/Res/Addons folder.<span id='postcolor'>

Every addon I've downloaded so far that has these instructions has worked from folder OFP/ADDONS too.

There's a potential conflict problem when installing addons to OFP/RES/Addons. Search The FAQ for "unofficial addons".

This should only be done when the addon fails to work from OFP\Addons. I haven't had one such failure yet.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 05 2003,00:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Jan. 05 2003,07:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Some extreme examples require you to put them into OFP/Res/Addons folder.<span id='postcolor'>

Every addon I've downloaded so far that has these instructions has worked from folder OFP/ADDONS too.

There's a potential conflict problem when installing addons to OFP/RES/Addons. Search The FAQ for "unofficial addons".

This should only be done when the addon fails to work from OFP\Addons. I haven't had one such failure yet.<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif You know, it was more helpful if you didn't say that. tounge.gif

What is an addons folder, where do i put it, how do i make it?

Tobias O'Neill A.K.A Commander xmas.gif

it's a folder in your computer. should be under the folder where your operation flashpoint executable is.

copy the pbo files as directed to addons folder.

I don't have one so how do i make it up and where do i put it?

Tobias O'Neill A.K.A Commander

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Commande'r @ Jan. 04 2003,22:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't have one so how do i make it up and where do i put it?

Tobias O'Neill A.K.A Commander<span id='postcolor'>

No, you already have the Addons folder, since OFP itself comes with a number of files that live in the Addons folder.

Take a look at the directory that you installed OFP to, or go to the Start menu, click on Search, and search for ADDONS. If you have OFP:R (Resistance), then there will be two ADDONS folders, one from OFP, and one from OFP:R. Just ignore the RES\ADDONS folder, all user addons should be placed in the regular ADDONS folder.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Jan. 05 2003,08:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Commande'r @ Jan. 04 2003,22:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't have one so how do i make it up and where do i put it?

Tobias O'Neill A.K.A Commander<span id='postcolor'>

No, you already have the Addons folder, since OFP itself comes with a number of files that live in the Addons folder.<span id='postcolor'>

Anyone who is using OFP version 1.00 or 1.10 or who has installled OFP: Resistance straight over these versions will not have an OFP\ADDONS folder, as the folder was introduced in the 1.20 ultimate upgrade.

Now, Ralph is right about upgrading to 1.46 but just make sure you don't update the earlier OFP version if you've already installed Resistance. (Search The FAQ for "resistance 1.46").

I would be curious to know what would happen if someone installed OFP: Resistance above a base OFP version that did not have the ADDONS folder and then manually defined the ADDONS folder.

Would Resistance automatically process addons from the manually defined ADDONS folder or not? BIS? confused.gif