Sign in to follow this  
Athos

Make units vanish

Would like to know if there is a way to make units (specifically aircraft) dissappear from the map ("this begone!!") .

Thinking along the lines of starting a mission with some air support that sweeps in for one attack then flies off. I don't want the aircraft to then loiter around at the edge of the map using CPU time.

The only solution I have thus far is to destroy the thing at some distant WP.

make the planes fly towards the edge of the map then and use this setdammage 1 in a trigger to destroy them.

Perhaps you can use the CAMDestroy command, you can create them using CAMCreate....

Yeah, i'm asking this question too Athos! But I think for now the only solution is too destroy it,yes....

For ground units you could allso try unitname setpos [a,b,c], where a,b,c, is the coords of somewhere in the sea and they will be dropped above water and drown.

If you do setdammage you could hear an explosion, if you would remove the fuel (unitname setfuel 0) you might not and it still would crash in sea. Haven't tried it though.

I've run into this issue as well - and more, it appears that after my choppers get to the far away area to land, there is an error which dumps you right to the desktop.

An idea: Once the chopper reaches the remote location, run a script that lands it, then sets damage to 1.0 - wonder if the garbage can crashing SFX will activate?