Sign in to follow this  
Trashcan

Choosing weapons ?

How can you make it possible to select weapons in the briefing screen before your mission starts.

I really don't know how to do it, so please help me !!!

(Edited by Trashcan at 6:40 pm on Nov. 26, 2001)

There's a better answer to this, but here's what I do and for beginner's its probably easiest. Go to the OFP Editing Center, and download the OFP Mission Assistant. You can use it to create briefings and overviews, and to select weapons at the start of the game. It doesn't, however, let you select the new weapons yet, so that kind of sucks.

There is a way to do it with some easy scripting, but I'm not really familiar with it yet. Anyone else wanna help?

There is soon to be a new version of the OFP Mission Assistant.

The new version, 1.35 will include a weapons database that will allow the user to enter user made weapon names into the MA database. This will allow the user to easly create a description.ext for weapon selection with newly made weapons.

There is also improved support for multiplayer briefings,(East,West, Resistance,Civilian) Init.sqs wizard, and a Description.ext wizard.

1.30 is offically out right now, and supports Multiplayer briefings for east and west, and includes the Init.sqs wizard and descriptian.ext wizard but does not include the weapon database

For more information please visit

http://earchitect.50megs.com/massistant.htm

If you like the MA please leave the Author feedback on his site, likewise if you have problems with the MA please let him know on his site so he can work out any bugs that may be found

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (worldmaker @ April 11 2002,00:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There is soon to be a new version of the OFP Mission Assistant.  

The new version, 1.35 will include a weapons database that will allow the user to enter user made weapon names into the MA database.  This will allow the user to easly create a description.ext for weapon selection with newly made weapons.  

There is also improved support for multiplayer briefings,(East,West, Resistance,Civilian) Init.sqs wizard, and a Description.ext wizard.

1.30 is offically out right now, and supports Multiplayer briefings for east and west, and includes the Init.sqs wizard and descriptian.ext wizard but does not include the weapon database

For more information please visit

http://earchitect.50megs.com/massistant.htm

If you like the MA please leave the Author feedback on his site, likewise if you have problems with the MA please let him know on his site so he can work out any bugs that may be found<span id='postcolor'>

Talk about Spam biggrin.gif

Seen the same post in 3 threads smile.gif

Thats my fault confused.gif I asked a friend who was already on the forum to do a search for comments on my program - the Mission Assistant, and let those who were having problems with the last version know there was a new version out. Anyway - he apparently took it to heart .

Sorry about that biggrin.gif one post would have been enough.