Hello guys,

I would like some help in sorting out how to draw an icon on screen while on a chopper to know exactly where a shot rocket or gun run will hit.

This "function" is present in some helicopters, but others (like for example various Littlebirds from RHS) does not have one and I would like to NOT add this ability through a mod.

What I worked out until now is adding or multiplying vectors, but I can't get anything close to what I mean.

What you guys would use to accomplish this task?

this is a little snippet of what I tried

Spoiler

addMissionEventHandler ["Draw3D",
  {
	_vehicle = vehicle player;

_center = AGLtoASL positionCameraToWorld [0,0,3];
    _hitPos = _vehicle weaponDirection currentWeapon _vehicle vectorMultiply 1000;

drawIcon3D ["", [0.7,0.7,0,0.45], ASLtoAGL (_center vectorAdd _direction), 0, 0, 0, "•", 2, 0.041275, "PuristaBold"];

}
];

Thank you.

On 6/6/2019 at 3:09 PM, sarogahtyp said:

Hello sarigahtyp, I saw this thread before posting, and differs from my idea because it must have a target. I would only like to show on screen where a specific kind of ammo (say the gun or a rocket fired from a chopper) would fall based on the shooting vehicle' movement.

I also tried to mess around with the velocity vector, but I can't get something similar to my idea.

Please let me know if now my request of help is clearer!

Thank you.

i already did understand what you mean and i just gave you a good starting point. the script has to be modified and maybe it has to be a heavy modification.

the point is that u need a simulation of the bullet and this is done by the script.

a simple vector calculation will not give you a precise solution...