mac1

Debug Screen Help!

Just been trying the development build and started getting some kind of black msdos type debug screen half way through many of my SP missions! - not entirely sure what

its telling me but it seems like some kind of code appearing on a blank screen right in the centre of the screen.....

can someone explain what this is for and how can I disable it? (its ruining the mission by obscuring the view....)

It's an error report/s that are telling you that there are problems with your script/s. Disabling means you won't see the screen anymore, but it's giving you pertinent information on what you need to fix, because rarely will things work properly with script errors. 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters - showScriptErrors

23 hours ago, beno_83au said:

It's an error report/s that are telling you that there are problems with your script/s. Disabling means you won't see the screen anymore, but it's giving you pertinent information on what you need to fix, because rarely will things work properly with script errors. 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters - showScriptErrors

beno thanks for the reply...………………….

interestingly my startup parameters are completely blank and there is no "-showScriptErrors" showing in the launch options - so to disable them assume I just add "-noScriptErrors" ? to the launch options or do I need to do something else? - note these are missions created in the workshop

so just want to try them not interested to see any of the errors they generate....

If they are other people's missions then yes, they are annoying, and it might be worth letting them know that their mission is giving errors. 

You can also turn on/off script errors through the launcher's options. Maybe it's enabled by default, I'm not sure. But there's an option for it there too.

It is force enabled in 3DEN editor. Might be force enabled on dev branch too.

You can only enable it in the launcher, not disable it if it's enabled by the engine.

10 hours ago, Dedmen said:

It is force enabled in 3DEN editor. Might be force enabled on dev branch too.

You can only enable it in the launcher, not disable it if it's enabled by the engine.

thanks for the reply - so really if its annoying me and I have not enabled it in the launcher then the only way to disable is to go back to the non development version  of

ARMA3? (this is a shame as the development branch on my 2080ti is giving me much better performance than on the vanilla version!)