Sign in to follow this  
stoppelhopser

Ww2 russian infantry

Looks great!

Im looking forward to it.

I'm surprised this is the first set of ww2 russians to be worked on!? wow.gif

Just went to your site and saw the update. Good work!

Invasion 1944 and the WW2 Team have nice screen shots but they are not getting product out the door.

stoppelhopser certainly has the competitive edge in this cut-throat, dog eat dog, addon market.

it looks great only can you add more detail to it? because i remember that the Rusian wo2 army had the Red Star on there suits and also could you make Rusian addons in the Winter addon?

and we need Germans with the Black outfits and German soldiers with the long black coats

well, i could add more detail on them... as for the red star, only few units actually had insignia on the uniforms. the red star was basically found on the front of the helmet, but still not on every helmet. but as with the landsers i wanna release different units with different equipment and detail...

and what do u need black german units for? no german unit has ever worn black stuff in combat, except tankers. i think i´ll leave these ss-shit units to someone else wink.gif

Speaking of tankers... could you PLEASE make some tankers for the German side? I absolutely LOVE your german troop pack, its one of my favorite addons.

I also downloaded a Panzer IV from some other guy, but its crew were Resistance soldiers which didnt look quite right. And if I remember correctly, your normal soldiers also had a strange error when you could see like the helmet strap on their helmet when you were in 1st person view in a vehicle.

If I'm not mistaken (and I may be, I dont know too much about WWII armor), then the Kingtiger was just a bigass heavy tank. It was slow as molasses, but had an excellent gun, and superb armor. Its my absolute favorite tank of WWII smile.gif

The normal Tiger had the same caliber gun as the Kingtiger, but wasnt quite as well armored.

YEs! These units are phreaking sweet! Stoppelhopser I want to ask you about the weapons. There is a Russian weapons pack out that includes weapons like the PPsh41 and the mosin nagant. Will those be included? I am absolutly looking forward to these guys. Just giddy about them. Now will you be able to make winter Russian units with Ushankas(furcaps) or Russian summer uniform with the pilotkas cap (kind of like the one Alexandra wears). Thanks you so much for these awesome units. Is there an eta?

Stopplehopser I cant get your Landser addons to work, everytime I try to use them any of them it say

no entry '.modelSpecial.'

Then when I click on preview again it exits out of the game.

It only does this with your units and I have all your weapons downloaded and your soldiers.

What is the problem?

what game version do u use? or is there anything special in the mission you createt? i don´t know, but maybe some action a "special unit" would be required 4?

maybe you could de-pbo the addon and in config.cpp add a line modelSpecial = "/DX_gl/DX_gl_..."; below all lines defining the model.

eg:

model = "/DX_gl/DX_gl_Sldr";

modelSpecial = "/DX_gl/DX_gl_Sldr";

works maybe...

I use version 1.90 I'll try the de pbo

Stopplehopser, if you would like me to beta-test the soviet troops and weapons I would be more than willing to oblige. I have a vast background on the Eastern Front and know how weapons like the ppsh41 and mosin nagant operate. biggrin.gif

If not oh well confused.gif Thanks for making the soviet troops I am really excited about them

If you mean Ppsh-41 and Mosin-Nagant from colonial wars mod they were pretty poor I think because they use poor-quality photograph textures. Better to do new ones.

Use BIS textures they can be average, here a Suomi M1931 resembling ppsh-41:

suomikp.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blake @ Jan. 04 2003,02:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you mean Ppsh-41 and Mosin-Nagant from colonial wars mod they were pretty poor I think because they use poor-quality photograph textures. Better to do new ones.

Use BIS textures they can be average, here a Suomi M1931 resembling ppsh-41:

suomikp.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, I think they used the photos from world.guns.ru. confused.gif

That SMG is very nice tho. smile.gif

strange, I tried what you suggested and not only the mgunner works. All the others say the same thing no entry model special.

What do you think it could be?

Stoppelhopser

would it be ok if I post the cpp for the Dx_gl and the weapons so that maybe others would know whats going on?

i wouldnt leave out the anti tank rifles as those were used in vast quantities up until the lend lease act started delivering supplies and then the bazookas replaced em.

hm, well the config is not so special you couldn´t post it but i don´t know if that will help as there´s nothing extraordinary about it and it seems to work for most people...

i´ll take care of the problem anyways just give me a little time