Sign in to follow this  
flashiez33

Goty edition - 18.12.2002

Hey the news item on this site http://www.flashpoint1985.com still has a news article for the release of GOTY dated 12/18.. But other posts have pointed out that it was called back, and not released. The official release is not due out now until some time Q1 2003? I know for sure that the GoTY is not available in any computer store in my city. I am anxiously awaiting this game and I check this site for news on when I will be able to buy it. When the GOTY version is officially released for me to buy in a retail store (USA), will there be another news item so I know that it's ready for sure this time?

Did you try to pre-order it in the store? When i went to EB they said they didn't have it but they could pre-order it for me. Then i went into the next store in the same mall (forgot the name) and they had it there for about $60 CND. This was all in Toronto btw.

Just order it from a UK site, its sitting quite happily in thousands of UK stores smile.gif

What exactly do you get in the GOTY edition ? you get one cd with the music in mp3 but does the game come on 1 cd or 2 im wonderind because i bought it by accident from amazon and i want to now if it will be any advantage in keeping it?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (gore @ Jan. 03 2003,12:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What exactly do you get in the GOTY edition ? you get one cd with the music in mp3 but does the game come on 1 cd or 2 im wonderind because i bought it by accident from amazon and i want to now if it will be any advantage in keeping it?<span id='postcolor'>

Search The FAQ for "what is goty" and "goty advantage".

I already know all of this. What I am asking, specifically, is if there will be a new news item available when the North America version is available to buy in stores.. Or do I have to whore EB games new release section instead? smile.gif

Edit: News item on this site.. Since it's the only OPFlashp site I frequent.

Now all this is fascinating as I am sitting here in Dayton, OH USA looking at the box that says GOTY edition that arrived last week from Chips and Bits online. Has three CD's and a couple booklets inside.

Hmm anyone try amazon? Well i got all the ofps so im not going to bother spending money on it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TaNK_Em @ Jan. 07 2003,01:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm anyone try amazon? Well i got all the ofps so im not going to bother spending money on it.<span id='postcolor'>

You really can't get to many ofp cd's....

Got two sets - one for my laptop and one for my desktop.

And i still think about buying GOTY - just to check it out. (Yeah - i know it's the same as 1.85 - but its in a different PACKAGE)

[The laughter of a lunatic fades away....]

LOL yeah im thinking of buying it too, something might happen with the old one.

I have to buy a new one, both my Original ofp and res CDs are broken. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Denwad @ Jan. 07 2003,13:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have to buy a new one, both my Original ofp and res CDs are broken. sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You might want to contact Codemasters and ask them if you can exchange your old broken CDs for new ones at a nominal price.