Sign in to follow this  
ebud

The Taxman

Download

Requires SEB Nam Pack.

Take a look and let me know what needs fixing.

Ebud

Edited by W0lle
Added working link

I'll probably download your Seal mission. Its odd that I post about my Seal mission allmost at the same time. I want to see if yours rocks like my mission does. biggrin.gif

I found it pretty hard to see the enemy, but it was a fun mission.

RED

Nice, I think the tax collector ran away though as I couldn't find him.

I loved the radio, it was a good idea.

RED

hmmm.... You should have received a couple of messages about him getting away. If your spotted he will run southeast to the river, grab a sampan and try to get away. I'll check it as an observer to see what happens.

New version uploaded into the ofpec.com beta mission testing forum. Extensively changed from the first few versions. Same objective, but almost everything else has been changed/fixed to some degree.

I will download it when I get home tonight, have you slowed down the speed the radio text appears? I found that the text was shown too fast in places.

RED

yes.... during the compromised text? yes, I slowed that down a bit.

http://www.geocities.com/eczerwonka/ofp.html

New version. Large file now. About 5 megs. May have trouble DLing it until someone posts it on a good site.

Many, many changes smile.gif

<edit>

Some folks had probs with the file once it was DL'd. I uploaded a new version just in case. Also here is a link to another place to DL it from Kuro's site.

"Direct Download Link:

The Taxman Final

(No Advertisements, No Traffic Limit)

http://www.modify-the-game.com/OFP/thetaxman.seb_iatrang.zip

Yours

Kuro"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ebud @ Jan. 31 2003,06:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><cough> bump

Just wondering if anyone has tried the new version yet. I know it's only been a day, but my patience is getting shorter the older I get:)<span id='postcolor'>

Ebud,

Just to give you an idea, including your mission, I downloaded 3 revised missions yesterday, that I've already reviewed. That doesn't include new missions I downloaded yesterday and previously downloaded ones that I haven't tried yet.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 31 2003,06:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ebud,

Just to give you an idea, including your mission, I downloaded 3 revised missions yesterday, that I've already reviewed. That doesn't include new missions I downloaded yesterday and previously downloaded ones that I haven't tried yet.<span id='postcolor'>

Damn, she's one busy mom tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 31 2003,06:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ebud @ Jan. 31 2003,06:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><cough> bump

Just wondering if anyone has tried the new version yet. I know it's only been a day, but my patience is getting shorter the older I get:)<span id='postcolor'>

Ebud,

Just to give you an idea, including your mission, I downloaded 3 revised missions yesterday, that I've already reviewed. That doesn't include new missions I downloaded yesterday and previously downloaded ones that I haven't tried yet.<span id='postcolor'>

hehe, I wasn't specifically pointing to you smile.gif You've helped me out so much so far, testing, writing a review, then especially by hosting the file. There was so much added, I was wondering if I had missed anything. Nagual and Dinger are getting sick of me asking them questions I'm sure by now.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ebud @ Jan. 31 2003,08:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nagual and Dinger are getting sick of me asking them questions I'm sure by now.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, I don't mind you pestering Nagual biggrin.gif but leave Dinger alone! crazy.gif He's got a great mission he has to fix up a little. smile.gif

OK, Ebud, gave the new version a first go. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. I'll just say that I reached some point where we spotted Charlies that trigger environmental sounds of enemies talking (and shooting?).

The volume of the talking was so loud that it sounded like he was 2 meters away. Believe me, he wasn't. So a little volume adjustment to the ambient enemy sound seems to be in order.

Other than that, well, I was spotted. You know how that goes. sad.gifwink.gif

Naguals busy with BAS, so Tiger may ask me to leave him alone as well smile.gif

Thanks for the comment on the sounds. I did adjust a few of the vc voices, but not all. I'll actually take out a few of them as well( 15 attack voices, 4-5 wounded voices I never used, 4 or so dying voices, so I can whittle these down, and robably make the file size half of what it is now ) and tweak the remaining ones to sound as if they are farther away. There are problems with the sound engine I think as well. I had a unit say something 5 feet away... sounded ok, then tried it, but as an enemy 200 yards away. Sounded right in the 3d space, but still seemed about 50 feet away rather than 200 yards. Maybe it's my sound setup.

I'll rework the voices over the weekend. I think I know a way to fix all of those issues.

Other than the sounds, if anyone can give any other feedback over the weekend that would be great... just super wink.gif

After the sounds are fixed I'm moving on to the next mission in the small campaign.

Great mission so far  smile.gif

I got spotted at the same place as Avon and heard the voices and gunfire, darn creepy!! From thereon everything just went haywire, on first encounter with enemy forces my team was completly wiped out except for my RTO guy, thank the gods for that. I just barely managed to call in chopper support before he was shot. When the choppers arrived i ordered one of them to land so i could be extracted, he then flys off and i follow him, the spot he had chosen for LZ was deadcenter in the village, i dont need to tell you he was shot to pieces crazy.gif the other chopper which i lost sight of, had also been detroyed in some manner   sad.gif

Soon after that, realising that i was all alone, i put my M-16 on full auto and charged into the village in a bloodthirsty revenge frenzy.........and then procedes to cach a bullet in the brain by an unknown VC.

crazy.gif

Hehe i fully enjoyed every minute of that  biggrin.gif