Sign in to follow this  
IPWinsor

How do you fight a tank or apc alone in mp?

In the single player missions and campaigns I have played, you get a driver, a gunner, etc. In MP, you are on your own. I can drive, but then I can't seem to figure out how to target and fire the gun. I can command, but then there isn't a driver, so I don't move.

Please point me to the information I need.

Many thanks (or tanks!wink.gif.

Make sure to always be turned in at all stations, then you can switch seats when you need to when you come to a full stop.

BTW, that's not something you would normally do, fingt in a MBT alone, you could escape in it etc... but not go into battle. smile.gif

Take an AI gunner or driver or both.

Use manual fire (after setting your gun forward and to a decent angle when in gunner position.

Play MP with others instead of on your own ....

jus find a spot go gunner, find wat direction nme will come from clik with ur right button alot and try to target and kill them before they even get with in visual range.

Guest BratZ

I havent even played online in forever but I know what I would do...

You want to immediately goto "gunner"position and press V and target and fire at any enemy and using the + and - keys to zoom in or out

If you need to be moving while you shoot you have to most likely already have the gun in a decent position to shoot already (leave it like a 45 arc left or right or facing forward in 3d view ) so you can drive the tank and using manual fire time your shots to shoot whever you need to ,basically driving the tank to aim the cannon

edit:oh and be prepared to jump to gunner position for precise aiming

Thats what I would do so watchout if you ever see me online

LOL

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skunk Monkey @ Dec. 31 2002,07:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Take an AI gunner or driver or both.

Use manual fire (after setting your gun forward and to a decent angle when in gunner position.

Play MP with others instead of on your own ....<span id='postcolor'>

Yes one of the good ways is to set the tank turret at a good angle usually if its like a TDM or CTF I have the gun aimed right in front of me and down more then up you can hold E and get pretty close and fire switch to machine gun fire and go back to the shells. In a APC hell I dont bother aiming the machine gun if threes enemy tanks but if threes just infantry I aim it forward and run em down while in manual fire.

BTW: I have seen a lot of people just ram the f*cking tank into someone elses with the barrel all the way down and keep firing.

Hope this helps.