Ryko

All Zeus users being kicked from mission (steam ticket failed)

Hello,

I am working on a mission and having some difficulty: some time into the mission, every player who has a zeus slot assigned will find their game crashes with the following:

0xc000005 STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

I'm kind of at my wit's end trying to debug this issue, as it makes administering the mission a bit problematic if the admin users are being kicked every 20 minutes or so.  The mission begins fine, but as units spawn and the player count rises, the odds of the kick happening increase. The interesting thing is it doesn't isolate some users: it's all users that have a zeus module assigned.

My initial approach was the dynamically create zeus modules and assign admin users to them, but then I went back to a standard pre-placed module approach, with UIDs as the assignment, to see if that was the issue.  Both methods produce the same results.

In the .rpt, we get the following:

2018/12/19, 21:11:01 Client Username - client's ticket has become invalid. Code: 6
2018/12/19, 21:11:01 NetServer: cannot find channel #264769362, users.card=45
2018/12/19, 21:11:01 Message not sent - error 0, message ID = ffffffff, to 264769362 (Username)

and that happens every second until every Zeus user has crashed.

I've tried to be very efficient in the coding of the mission, but there are some loops that run for various reasons.  I've used diag_tickTime to clock how some of the longer scripts are performing, and nothing goes over 0.52ms... there were probably around 300 units running in the mission at the time.

Any ideas, or suggestions of what to check? I'm at a loss.

- Ryko

• Like 1