Sign in to follow this  
Powerslide

New troops and cpack

I know this has been a long time in the works but the new Cpack and CADPAT troops are ready. They include some fixes and many new units and weapons. We would also like to welcom Hit Squad to the team as an island maker. For those that don't know he was the editor who created Akropolis Island, an excellent island for OFP. It can be dowloaded at http://ofp.gamezone.cz and he has started a Canadian training island for the mod which will include several new textures and objects. We are very happy to have him. Several new weapons have been added to the CPack. They include a Parker Hale C3A1 sniper rifle modelled by US Marine and textured by Sigma-6. It includes the Unertl scope with a new optic. Also added to the pack is a Reminton 870 shotgun modelled by myself and textured by Sigma for use with the JTF Units. The other two new units are an MP5 Navy, for use with JTF2, and also an Eryx rocket launcher which features steerable rockets, both units by Sigma. I have also reconfigured the C7M203 to shoot 3 different colors of smoke and hold a bigger clip, 4 grenades per slot with a 6 second reload delay. This was by request. See the read me for ammo assignment names. The other changes to CPack and troops are that the Mcmillan sniper rifle has been added to it as well as the Canadian ammo crate to make for less pbo's. The Canadian ammo crate has also been updated with the latest magazines so it's fully loaded and good to go. I have also added the crew soldier and the sniper models to the base troops to once again make for less pbo's due to complaints of too many pbo's, so there are now 4 less to worry about. The big release is an entire new modelled set of both UN and regular combat soldiers done by Sigma. Also I have updated the JTF2 to include the new weapons. There is also an olive combat set and olive UN set which I should have out shortly as well as many new regimental units. When you download this pack please delete the following pbo's from your add ons folder; CAF_Ammo, CAF_Mcmillan, CAF_Sniper and CAF_Crew as they may cause conflicts otherwise. Head on over to our site to grab the new stuff. Enjoy! Here are a few screens

unertl.jpgc3a1.jpg

island.jpgmp5ns.jpg

Fantastic addon, real attention to detail. I hope people build some missions around them... smile.gif

Found 1 little bug (?). When I had 2 Eryx AT soldiers fire on a T90, some of the time the rockets flew right through the turret without detonating. I repeated this with different tanks and different AT weapons, but this was the only one I found. Not a complaint, and it doesn't happen all the time, but I thought I'd let you know.

1228200212272182.jpg

1228200212271998.jpg

122820021227170.jpg

Great work with those canadian troops. But for next update could you PLEASE make them in there own class like "Operation Northstar's Canadian Men" or "Canadian Troops" or something like that. And also do it with you vehicles. They all take up a lot of space in the men and armoured folders. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE  smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif

Also the grenades for the m203 has m16 mag for equipment picture.

Keep up the good work

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Dec. 28 2002,11:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Great work with those canadian troops. But for next update could you PLEASE make them in there own class like "Operation Northstar's Canadian Men" or "Canadian Troops" or something like that. And also do it with you vehicles. They all take up a lot of space in the men and armoured folders. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE  smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No, don't do that! If you use dynamic classes they would only work with 1.90!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ Dec. 28 2002,17:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Dec. 28 2002,11:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Great work with those canadian troops. But for next update could you PLEASE make them in there own class like "Operation Northstar's Canadian Men" or "Canadian Troops" or something like that. And also do it with you vehicles. They all take up a lot of space in the men and armoured folders. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE  smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No, don't do that! If you use dynamic classes they would only work with 1.90!!!<span id='postcolor'>

Which is the newest non beta version so there shouldnt be a problem there unless you dont have resistance. And modmakers shouldnt be stopped by people that dont want or cant buy the resistance pack.

But a solution would be to make two version one in own class and other like now, like some other addons makers have done. So i still say PLEASE make its own class.

Wow finaly a mil dot reticle (tough it looks like it's a marine one). I realy exited to see how you implemented it. Did you use real scales/sizes??

Edit: I downloaded it and had a look. Of course the models, textures and all that is very nice, but big dissapointment for me: the mil-dot-reticle is just "decoration". It's not realy functioning. :-(