Sign in to follow this  
mk4umha

2 mouse cursors in game

I need help figuring out why i have a mouse cursor that's normally in the OS appearing in the game with the game mouse cursor. it's quite annoying.

I didnt have this problem until i changed to winXP Pro after i installed the epox 8rda+ motherboard. The rest of the games like Medal Of Honor, GTA3 and AOM don't have this problem. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

That is an old fault that has been around for a while.. To fix it make sure the refresh rate of your desk top and game are set to different values. Example. Set desktop to refresh to 75 hz and set the game refresh to 85 Hz.

biggrin.gif

You don't have to play with different refresh rates -- another way to get rid of the second cursor is to move the Windows mouse cursor to the upper-left corner of the desktop while the game is loading after double-clicking on the OFP icon or selecting it from the menu, or you can Alt-Tab from OFP to the Windows desktop and back.

gonk is correct, the problem only occurs when the game is set to use EXACTLY the same video mode as windows desktop, so you can change the refresh rate, resolution, or color depth in the game (or windows) and avoid the problem.

Mister Frag's solution is the easiest, you just got to remember to do that while the game is loading. If you forget, open the options->video menu and change ANYTHING that would cause the game's render driver to restart. Eg. W-Buffer on then back to off is probably the easiest, but any other video option will work (not game ones like draw distance though) I don't recommmend ALT-TAB because it can change you Gamma, and sound Volume as you move to and from windows desktop.