Sign in to follow this  
akm74

Zu 23-2

Guest BratZ

Just wanted to say that this is a very nice addon,great job!!! It fits the game well.Great work!!!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well if somebody would of been shot in the head, and if the commander has some blood and his head is dangling down...then that won't be a problem. <span id='postcolor'>

his head not dangling down, but he is dead. That the problem.

I do have question for peoples who may know...

Is it passable to use custom image for tracers. I read somewhere BIS did use small image, just White Square, for original tracers in game.

For example if now we have image like this

[]

I will made it look like this

[] []

Just to simulate double cannon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AKM74 @ Dec. 27 2002,20:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">10. AI gunner didn’t engage ZU23 = fixed    (even if I’m think it not good idea.)<span id='postcolor'>

Me neither. Remove.

Otherwise, you´ve fixed every little thing that was wrong with this gun. It´s got to be perfect now!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gollum1 @ Dec. 28 2002,10:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif3--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AKM74 @ Dec. 27 2002,20wow.gif3)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">10. AI gunner didn’t engage ZU23 = fixed    (even if I’m think it not good idea.)<span id='postcolor'>

Me neither. Remove.

Otherwise, you´ve fixed every little thing that was wrong with this gun. It´s got to be perfect now!<span id='postcolor'>

Gollum, in real life, yes a ZSU-23-2 has very little heat signature. However you must remember, that there are other ways that a pilot engages ground targets. The ZSU fires tracers bullets. In the military we have an old saying. "Tracers work both ways". That means that when you fire tracer bullets the enemy can then see exactly where you are firing from. An pilot when he flies can quickly engage AA guns because he can see precisely where the AA gun is firing from. He simply needs to put the sites of his laser designator on the target, laze it, and then drop his laser guided bombs or missles. Alteratively he can engage the AA guns with rockets and cannon.

In OFP the airplanes do not have laser designators...they only have that radar. In real life some attack aircraft with dedicated ground attack radars modes like the Tornado can actually pick out AA gun installations with their radar so this also is realistic.

Furthermore, the fact of the matter is that the AI pilots in both planes and helicopters with the earlier versions of this ZSU-23-2 addon were completely defenseless against the AA gun. This is EXTREMELY unrealistic. Show me any war where AA guns were invulnerable to air attack.

Just ask the Iraqi's what happens when their AA guns shoot at NATO warplanes flying over Northern and Southern Iraq.

There have been no kills for the Iraqi AA gunners, but plenty of dead Iraqi soldiers manning those guns and many destroyed AA guns. Some of these I believe were ZSU-23-2 installations.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>