Sign in to follow this  
Denwad

Gah! cd-key bad

I installed operation flashpoint and I get an error that says I gave it the wrong CD-KEY @ setup, this can't be true or else my manual is wrong, yes i've checked EVERY key and it worked before too.

I went into reg-edit and I found the 'key' and it looks weird, but I'm afraid to post it here, anyone who can help?

Codemasters Technical Support should be able to help.

What OS are you using? If it is XP, make sure that the user account you use to play OFP has permission to access the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Codemasters key and anything below it.

Also, be aware that OFP and OFP:R have separate CD keys.

No, I'm using the OFP:R manual. I'm using Windows ME.

You'll have to use the CD Key from the original (non-Resistance) game to install OFP, and the Resistance CD Key to add OFP:R to the installation.

It may be that the OFP:R key can be entered successfully while installing OFP (I haven't tried it), but that is definitely not the one you want to use.

I just bought the US GOTY edition, and I get a wrong CD-Key message. sad.gif

I thoroughly checked the letters I inputted to see if that was the problem, but it's not. I guess I will send a message along with a scan of the manual and the error message to customer support and see what the problem is. Heck, maybe I will even try my original OFP key. Anyway, I can't understand how the heck they printed a wrong CD-Key in the manual, unless they accidently threw a original OFP manual in the GOTY box. It does have a very uncanny resemblance to my old OFP manual, except for the fact that it's not all beat up like the old one. smile.gif

I can't believe it.  I tried my old original OFP CD-Key and it worked fine.  I think I will still see if the Codemaster customer service will get a replacement key for bad GOTY one.