Frenki

SetGroupID problem

Hi guys, i have next problem. In my mission template each squad (group) has its name defined trough group init field like this "this setGroupId ["someName"]", and when squad leader (group leader) joins firs, group initialize its name properly, but if any of squad members joins before him, they will have generic arma group name. Is there any way to set it, that if any player from squad joins, group will acuire name from initialization?

- Are you sure you're in the attributes of the group, not the leader  (composition init , not object init) ?

- You should try the call sign field of the group attributes.

Did you disable AI in lobby?

@pierremgi Thanks for response. Yes, i am sure that i am setting it in composition init. I didnt try trough call sing field, will do right now, and was hoping  for some solution trough script or init. Yes, AI in lobby is disabiled.

10 minutes ago, Frenki said:

@pierremgi Yes, AI in lobby is disabiled.

When you disable AI in lobby, the AI has no existence (no variable name for example) before a player jumps into the slot. Don't ask me how Arma's engine manage that. The sure things are that if you name an AI: bob , bob will not be defined anywhere before JIP. More than this, playableUnits will not take into account the disabled slots. That's questionable, but that doesn't matter for BI devs.

So, I'm not sure your disable slot / JIP will belong to his group and run the group's init code in the good order. (I'm rather sure the problem comes from here).