Sign in to follow this  
Rawshark

Opening Chat on MP servers cuts engine throttle in flying vehicles

On MP servers I noticed that while flying and opening chat with "/" it causes the engine to lose power (in helicopters & VTOLs) or deploys the airbrakes in fixed wings resulting in a loss of altitude despite having separate keybinds for chat and throttle/speedbreak . Interacting with other interfaces (eg: when using mods) it also causes a similar loss of altitude. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a way to fix it?

Cheers

If certain interfaces are over an AI takes control over your player.  This AI will try to bring fixed wing aircraft to a stable, horizontal flight and helicopters and VTOLs to a hover (at least that's what I've noticed).  AFAIK there isn't anything you can do about it, you just have to be aware of it. 

Hmm, but in my case they deploy the Airbrakes which, after a few seconds, leads to a nose dive/loss of altitude and a subsequent crash - not at all horizontal stable flight. I don't doubt you are wrong but I am not seeing any sort of "autopilot" engaging when opening a chat window, just a loss of altitude that's similar to when a client loses connection to the server. Hmm..if it is as you say though then..shit. Its a really annoying feature