MrPineapple

Clients spawn as birds in MP

Hello,

I can't figure out why clients spawn as birds.  I as the host with AI spawn just fine.

Could someone please help me figure out why clients aren't spawning like they should.

Here is the mission, I would be grateful for any help.

mission

A friend of mine had the same issue. So what we did was remove one part of the mission at a time. After many many restarts we came to the revive system of A3 itself. As soon as we enabled the revive system with respawn on custom position we had the issue you mentioned above. As far as I can see your mission doesn't have revive enabled but the "Sunday Revive" mod might change that.

• Like 1

I tried removing the sunday_revive but my friend keeps spawning as a bird.  I don't know why.

Does this code in the description.ext have anything to do with it?

RespawnTemplates[] = {"Group", "Spectator"};

Remove at least "spectator"

Depending on what you intend to obtain for respawn.

In description.ext (add this file in mission folder if it doesn't exist), just write:

respawnOnstart = -1;

Then try to respawn during the mission.

• Like 1

I tried that but it still doesn't work.  At least it works in singleplayer.  It would just be nice to play with other people.

I didn't found my hints in your mission zip. Anyway, I didn't have seagull respawn,neither! Both players (hosted + 1 client) spawned in blackfoot and were invulnerable...

They spawned in helo then stayed invincible after dismount. Some error messages came rather quick (in accordance with the first task I guess).

So, there are too many things to do and if you can't debug or at least identify a wrong code by yourself, a complete renew of your mission (addon depending), should be asked in the right section.

Thank you for the help.  I think I'll just stick to singleplayer.  I tried making my mission multiplayer compatible.  It didn't turn out the way I thought.