Sign in to follow this  
Cochise333

"OH-6A Loach" Skin/Sound MOD

Hey guys, first timer here. I'm trying to make this into a stand alone mod with specific sounds and skins for the 2 variants, the M900 and the MH-6. I'd be needing a little direction if anyone would be so kind. A couple of things I'm currently working/waiting on. 

1.) Approval for the sounds so that they can be added.

and I've got a few questions regarding the helicopters if anyone can help.

2.) I'm still trying to work out how to use the decals to add the "UNITED STATES ARMY" so that it's not reversed on the other side.

3.) I much prefer the rotor style with the white and yellow high visibility scheme that seems to appear when the skin is added on the M900 but not the MH-6. Does anyone know how to change this so that it's added to both? (This is important as it was how the gunships kept sight of the low flying Loaches)

4.) I'm trying to apply the shiny/glossy appearance that magically appears when the skin is added to the M900 to also work on the MH-6.

The biggest issue with using the M900 for the base is that it doesn't have benches which can be quite limiting. 

If anyone has any ideas and or suggestions/help it would be appreciated.

28186AD32970A0072E8B1CFEFCC9F082277567FA

F4B74ADA0E8BD21FABA536859969F5C1A6074FFE0199B38E20B820DEE6123304C3CBFCF761651AC82ED10EA2DFEADD17A3529DFD5913135610D237DE9BF12822006CA03D10CE96865A2D2896DA45C5A3

• Like 2

Hiya mate, hopefully I can help you out

For the shiny effect found on the M900, you might be able to get a similar effect on the MH6 using the normal map (NOHQ). My advice would be to download GIMP, desaturate the NOHQ file then carry out the "Colour to Alpha" process. When you do this, I'd recommend using a darker colour as this will give the final image a "shiny" effect. Then place that on top of the MH6 texture you have currently in Photoshop/Any picture editing suite. This will take a bit of experimentation to get the right balance, and I'm sure some of the more experienced heads on the forums have a better idea.

As for the rotors, it should be a simple case of applying the colours to the rotors in the texture map. It's been a while since I've looked at the MH6 texture so I can't remember if the rotors are on that texture map. If not, go into the editor in Arma, place down a vanilla MH6, right click and select config viewer, you'll be looking for hiddenSelectionsTextures. If you see a file there you haven't seen yet, that's probably where the rotors will be.

That's probably all I can help with, although good work so far mate, those textures look nice indeed. Anymore questions, feel free to PM me or reply here :)

Best of luck! 

• Like 2