Flint66

Problem with bim-9x in Jets DLC.

I select the bim-9x with the F key and I don't get no tone no nothing. If I fire the missile it does not track the target even though it's in range and right in front of me.

What else do I have to turn on.

You know you have to lock the target by pressing T or R right?

Should not have to use radar for a heat seeker missile lock.

1 hour ago, Flint66 said:

Should not have to use radar for a heat seeker missile lock.

You don't use radar by using the lock key (Radar is turned on and off via Default Ctrl+R (I think)). You just assign a target to the missile. The Arma engine needs you to do that also with IR seekers. I think there was a time when Manpads automatically started to lock onto the closest target but I'm not sure if they still do that. But surely the AAMs don't do that. They probably should from a real life perspective but they don't do that. 

So you have to use keys.

Default T is used to lock onto the target right in front of your cursor.

Default R is used to cycle through all available targets within the seeker cone prioritizing the closest and/ or that one that is the biggest threat to the platform.

This manual locking is required for all airlaunched weapons with exception of dumbfire weapons and LOAL mode weapons that lock on after launch (currently laser guided bombs (with exception of the SDBs) and some active radar guided AAMs I think (oh, and ARMs))

• Like 1