drdetroit

Alive Respawn Question/Issue

Hello peeps!

I'm running an Alive campaign that I've created, using the Unsung mod on the Prei map, and I'm having issue with respawn.  Typically I play solo, with AI platoon, hosting a local LAN.  Hopefully there is an obscure checkmark I'm missing somewhere, or something like that.

Everything is set correctly, far as I can tell, with the ALive module settings for respawn at last location.  However, when I respawn, I'm as a spectator, not the player.  I get a verbal when respawning "I'm the new actual" and 'One, Taking Command", but then the game sends me to spectator mode.  I can not control my player, just watch in 3rd person.  I have several other ALive missions I've made, and play, and the respawn works fine (Unsung campaign on Da Krong being one of them - no issues).

Attributes>Multiplayer> set to 'respawn on position of death' and have ruleset set to 'show respawn counter', and 'spectate' box not checked.  Alive (required) set correctly.  Alive Player Option all set to 'yes' except 'allow join different class'.  What is it that I'm missing??

BTW: a side question; if I do a persistent save away from base camp, (away from where we start the mission, say in the middle of the jungle), do my AI squad teleport to me?  I guess I can check while in-game, but you know...too many other things to tighten up before I try to figure that out. 

Thanks in advance!

Good day!
DrDetroit

I’m not totally sure on the respawn thing, but for AI to teleport to you on mission start, look through this thread:

http://alivemod.com/forum/1613-ai-teammates-location-persistence-solved/0

But read through it in its entirety, I think Spyder made some adjustments to the code as the thread went on.

• Thanks 1

Hi!

I know the thread is from years ago, however I am experiencing the same problem regarding respawning resulting in spectating AI.

Similarly I was trouble shooting this with a mate, we found that respawning would work as intended if we were in seperate groups/units. However if we spawned in the same unit (no AI) from the intial start of the server respawning would result in spectating the other player. Furthermore spawning in different groups and joining one another group with the ACE interaction menu resulted in the same issue when respawning.

Did the OP find a solution to this problem?

I cant find anything else regarding a solution for this or an instance of this problem occuring.