Debug Console  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Should Bohemia Interactive bring back the debug console for public Zeus?

• Yes
    • No

Hello there!  Ever since I bought Arma 3 many years ago I have fallen in love with the game. As of the recent DLC Tanks, I’m sure you all have been given a ton of flak for some of the decisions made but I would like to voice my concern as well and give some light on what the players are saying. As you know, in the past Public Zeus has been extremely popular up until the update which has removed the much loved debug console. I understand the reason for its removal was because of abuse from players but the advantages far outweigh the liabilities. Many of us, myself included, are very familiar with the console commands and most of us use the console to make the missions so much more immersive as the game was meant for. The console allows the Zeus and the admin to work together to make some of the most amazing missions I have ever been apart of. Again, the abuse of the console was a serious issue. However, Most of the bans that players received were due to those players ruining the mission for everyone else. Additionally the server bans that I issued were only for players who were being ugly to everyone else and again sabotaging the mission for no reason. Despite the fact it was a server ban, regardless of the commands issued through the console, once the mission was restarted, all console effects, no matter what they consisted of, were lifted and deleted, making the server brand new again. I am mostly composing this message to ask you all to bring the console back to us as the public Zeus servers are now desolate without it. Additionally now that the console is gone, there is now way to remove players apart from the kick feature given to the admin which still allows them to return as much as they want. This became a major issue when the offending players continued joining back non-stop and eventually ruining the mission weather it be join under a different name to disguise themselves or just joining so many times the admin was through dealing with it. Players who are just there to ruin missions are a major issue for us and the console allows us to deal with them and keep the mission fun for everyone else who is just here to play the game. I ask that you take my post into consideration and return the console to us so we can make public Zeus a fantastic mission making game mode that it used to be!

Thanks,
Loyal Arma 3 Player