Garret Wayne

Setting a Server problem: Not public, can't connect (not even my own)

Hello! 

My recent and ever existing problem was that whenever I try to host a server ( as basic the basic method of ingame multiplayer/host a server/ ) none of my friends seemed to find it, either by direct connecting or searching for it in the server browser.
I also tried it with port forwarding, which didn't work either, not even with a static IP, not even configuring my ESET security program. 

So then a couple of days ago I tried again, basically went through the same process to get the same results, so I moved onto making a dedicated server (hoping that it could be reached ), following this guide : 

I did everything "by the book" (using Arma 3 server tool, setting it up, etc...) , but the UPNP never got enabled so the server is not visible for the public (...and neither for me for reasons unkown at this point) even though I fixed the problem with the mismatch of steamappid (by alternating it to the expected volume)  .

So as of now I would like to ask for experienced help in the matter of making at least this dedicated server up and going...!

Current things I have tried to make UPNP enabled (recently) :

- checking IF it WAS enabled (both in my router and my security system) : IT WAS ENABLED
- Setting up a rule for Eset Internet Security to enable the given ports needed for Arma 3 (server tool) to work with (still UPNP was not enabled when running the server)

Previously with a friend of mine we have also tried to use Hamachi in order to be able to connect to each other via the default (or listening server/ basic ingame) server hosting method, but it failed even after several attempts, as the server/ game I hosted never showed up in the "LAN" part of the server browser (either ingame or at the launcher).

I hope someone will be so kind and resource to be able to help me, but I'm thanking in advance for any  help and suggestions! I am trying to be as fast at answering as possible (as I would like to solve this problem ASAP)

Did you try to set -upnp start parameter for server?

Also try dmz on IP for server in your router (INTERNAL IP)