KC Grimes

Description.ext and Eden editor

I am trying to convert some old missions away from using the description.ext for various "presentation" definitions, and instead use the Eden editor. For instance, in an old description.ext I would have:

author = "Apple Pie";
onLoadName = "Death to Pumpkin Pie";
onLoadMission = "Need I say more?";

At least to me, it seems like the Eden settings should cover this, and also an image, AND do all of the above and multiple points (scenario screen, briefing screen, mission load). So I deleted these 3 lines, and instead filled them out in Eden to be saved into mission.sqm. Well, they saved, but don't quite seem to do the trick.

I still require briefingName in description.ext to be defined, which I think I saw elsewhere as a bug. 

Next to Description: in the role selection/briefing screen, it is just blank. 

Anyone have any ideas on how to get these issues taken care of in Eden? Or should I still be focused on description.ext?

I tried doing that a couple years back and gave up and just went back to Description.ext. Eden seemed to work in some aspects, but then I ended up having definitions in both places to fill gaps and said "why bother with the Eden settings?" However if you find a way to make it happen, please share.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AZCoder said:

However if you find a way to make it happen, please share.

:yeahthat:

• Like 1