Sign in to follow this  
scotg

Wav to WSS conversion failed

I have recently spent time in Audacity creating some custom buggy sounds using audio from various VW engine foley. The OGG versions I've made work in game, but they are (as expected) out of sync. The WAV files do not work in game, but I can play them through any other playback program. I cannot convert the WAV versions into WSS for some reason. There are two tools that should do this, either WAVToWSS (one file at a time) or Sound Tools (appears to be a batch converter similar to ImageToPaa). For the single converter, nothing appears to happen, but using the batch converter at least gives me a message that the conversion failed. A 4-hour Web search later, I cannot find any reason that this is happening. I've tried lowering bit rates, changing to mono, exporting to 32 or 16 bit files... none of that works.

EDIT: Don't know what was different, but the conversion worked. BTW, it's definitely only working on 16 bit, so... maybe starting with 16 bit and then trying 32 bit woke something up like the cpu/program said "no that's wrong... wait, you had it right before. My bad; you should go back to 16 bit. Carry on."

Edited by scotg
  • Thanks 1