blackburnrus

setpos to CameraOld (BIS_fnc_cameraOld)

I'm making cut scenes, and sometimes I'm finding that  I want to change angle of camera on 0.5-1 gradus , or move camera away to 0.1m, etc.

But I dont know how  to do it in game, without placing  enitre new camera again, or manualy changing coordinates

I'm using   BIS_fnc_cameraOld and It gives me camera postion:

_camera camPrepareTarget [64500.98,-78605.88,-3041.97];
_camera camPreparePos [7703.70,3642.47,1.17];
_camera camPrepareFOV 0.700;

How can I export  this coordinates to BIS_fnc_cameraOld and change postion of camera a little bit

I know what you're asking, not sure if camera coordinates are world coordinates maybe? Would need converting from world coordinates if that's the case.

Maybe try converting the camera pos with https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/posWorldToScreen. No idea if that's the right thing to do, but it's all I got :) 

But what I do quite often is just edit the campreparepos by tiny amounts manually, I do it all the time to get a cutscene just right, usually in increments of 0.5 to the x & y values.

You might also find this useful

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/camSetRelPos

All cam commands

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Command_Group:_Camera_Control

hm. I Found a way to import position, but not the angle.

To import position: launch cut-scene, wait when the shot u want to fix appears, then press ESC, and click "Camera" below the console -

Splendid Camera will lauch  exactly in the same place, where your camera was. Change position and press cntr+c to import camera settings.

Array will be looking like this

["Paste",["ISLAND NAME",[camera x,y,z coords],dir,fov,[pitch,bank],focus_qtr,aperture,daytime?,overcast, acctime, brightness, contrast, saturation]]

We can take the array with camera x,y,z coords and use it with our _camera camPreparePos

----

But I dont know what to do with angle. Because in Splendid Camera there is a DIR parametr, not coordinates like in  BIS_fnc_cameraOld

and comand  camPrepareDir  is not working (but I will test)

• Like 1

he-he.

Found the way to import angle. It is very stupid one, but it's works.

Do this

On 21.03.2018 at 12:14 AM, blackburnrus said:

launch cut-scene, wait when the shot u want to fix appears, then press ESC, and click "Camera" below the console -

Splendid Camera will lauch  exactly in the same place, where your camera was. Change position and press cntr+c to import camera settings.

And then press "Space" to teleport player on your camera-center

Now we can open Console and get position of player, using " getPos player "

Then we can use camPrepareTarget to make camera watch on this coordinates.

---

But if u want camera to watch in the sky - u can not teleport player in the air,

u need to write Z coordinates manualy