Sign in to follow this  
SomeRandomGuy

Possible to remove death messages in mp?

I can't quite figure out if it's possible, but notice how in a multiplayer game, whenever a player is killed, you get a system message saying

'playerName (Alpha Black 1) was killed'

Is there any way to stop this from appearing? It doesn't appear in single player, so I figure there's got to be something out there...

Any suggestions?

I don't think so, maybe if you edit the .exe or some resource? It's not in the onKilled scripts either.

You can try to edit this file.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">\OPERATIONFLASHPOINT\BIN\STRINGTABLE.CSV(515): STR_KILLED_BY,%s (%s %d) was killed by %s,%s (%s %d) a été tué par %s,%s (%s %d) Ä stato ucciso da %s,%s (%s %d) fue asesinado por %s,%s (%s %d) wurde von %s getötet,%s (%s %d) byl zabit hráÄem %s

\OPERATIONFLASHPOINT\BIN\STRINGTABLE.CSV(516): STR_KILLED,%s (%s %d) was killed,%s (%s %d) a été tué,%s (%s %d) Ä stato ucciso,%s (%s %d) fue asesinado,%s (%s %d) wurde getötet,%s (%s %d) je mrtev

<span id='postcolor'>

If you edit the stringtable.csv in excel, then its neatly laid out in columns and rows.

I've edited mine to change the message. I suppose if you deleted the whole line it wouldn't say anything, but only for the people that have edited it.

If you edit the stringtable.csv in excel, then its neatly laid out in columns and rows.

I've edited mine to change the message.  I suppose if you deleted the whole line it wouldn't say anything, but only for the people that have edited it.

Would it just not say anything or would an error occur because the string variable name is missing?

I've edited mine to change the message.  I suppose if you deleted the whole line it wouldn't say anything, but only for the people that have edited it.

Would it just not say anything or would an error occur because the string variable name is missing?

If deleting the entry in STRINGTABLE.CSV does cause an error, what about having a null entry, like this:

STR_KILLED,,,,,

etc.? rock.gif

Sorry I meant deleted the text line not the entire row. I don't know what would happen. I'll try it and see sometime.