Sign in to follow this  
DragoFire

A-10 speed/air-brakes

I'm looking for information on how the speed/airbrakes were done on the A-10 Thunderbolt, as require the same on the A-6E.

Can anyone help?

DragoFire

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brsseb @ Dec. 08 2002,00:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Simple

Check this out:

http://www.geocities.com/brsseb/stuff/alieron_setup.jpg

alieron_setup.jpg

(Try entering just the "stuff" folder if the image wont work on first try..)

BRSSEB<span id='postcolor'>

Image link and file not working.

But you do know what I'm talking about, don't you.

If not get in the a-10, get some speed up then hold down the "S" key and you'll see the air-brakes apply.

DragoFire

Just geocities messing with you. Try this:

http://www.geocities.com/brsseb/stuff/

this will give you the overview of the folder. press the picture there (going directly to the pic and not via the folder will almost fail each itime

I know precisely what you are talking about, and this illustration is pretty good

brsseb

alieron_setup.jpg

here it is, if you dont mind brsseb i made a mirror smile.gif

Here. Got it on my site now (go to the links-page, and at the very bottom the should be a single blue "." that link to the picture)

www.ofp.info/brsseb

brsseb

OK, and is there a way to make the ailerons NOT to work as airbrakes? It looks unrealistic on the F-105.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LizardX @ Dec. 08 2002,22:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OK, and is there a way to make the ailerons NOT to work as airbrakes? It looks unrealistic on the F-105.<span id='postcolor'>

Dont know how, really

Got airbrakes on my WW2 fighter too biggrin.gif

Anyone know this?

brsseb

just make one aileron set the lower, thats what I had done and use only "ls klapka" and "ps klapka".

That should work.

DragoFire

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LizardX @ Dec. 10 2002,08:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No way. It works as airbrake, moves up or down, depending on the axis.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah

I cant get rid of them either. And every addon that I seen dont have airbrakes dont have alierons at all. So maybe its not possible to turn them off? Suma?

brsseb

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brsseb @ Dec. 11 2002,00:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LizardX @ Dec. 10 2002,08:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No way. It works as airbrake, moves up or down, depending on the axis.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah

I cant get rid of them either. And every addon that I seen dont have airbrakes dont have alierons at all. So maybe its not possible to turn them off? Suma?

brsseb<span id='postcolor'>

LizardX and brsseb e-mail me with your e-mail address and I'll send you one of my earlier A-6E model ( in p3d format ) and you'll be able to see/copy what I mean.

DragoFire

Just tried this, as "brsseb" & "Vixer" had pointed out to me.

Only problem once I'd done the addon to the wings, for the edge Air-Brakes, both the flaps and ailerons didn't work, well the flaps sort of works  confused.gif  , they just swung backwards like the F-14's sweep wings!

As the A-6E only has Air-Brakes at the end of each wing only, I might have to setup a script or something to make them work. Something that will have apply a braking effect when deployed.

If anyone has any ideas, please pass them my way.

DragoFire

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DragoFire @ Dec. 12 2002,11:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Only problem once I'd done the addon to the wings, for the edge Air-Brakes, both the flaps and ailerons didn't work, well the flaps sort of works  confused.gif  , they just swung backwards like the F-14's sweep wings!<span id='postcolor'>

if the animations dont work properly, its because the vertices are in the wrong order or wrong named. Like if a steering surface goes the wrong way when you do something, try swapping the two vertices making up the axis.

Also make sure all axises are rightly named and have two and only two vertrices. If a surface cant find an axis, it will most likely just take model Origo and swing mindlessly around it or something.

(But i still dont know how to turn off airbrakes. I cant have my WW2 figther have airbrakes...... confused.gif )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brsseb @ Dec. 13 2002,01:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DragoFire @ Dec. 12 2002,11wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Only problem once I'd done the addon to the wings, for the edge Air-Brakes, both the flaps and ailerons didn't work, well the flaps sort of works  confused.gif  , they just swung backwards like the F-14's sweep wings!<span id='postcolor'>

if the animations dont work properly, its because the vertices are in the wrong order or wrong named. Like if a steering surface goes the wrong way when you do something, try swapping the two vertices making up the axis.

Also make sure all axises are rightly named and have two and only two vertrices. If a surface cant find an axis, it will most likely just take model Origo and swing mindlessly around it or something.

(But i still dont know how to turn off airbrakes. I cant have my WW2 figther have airbrakes...... confused.gif )<span id='postcolor'>

LizardX is having a look at one of my earlier models to get an idea on how to disable the airbrakes.

DragoFire

Is it possible to have two sets of flaps and ailerons?

If so then I could do what I want and have both the Air-brakes at the end of the wings and the flaps and ailerons along the rest of the wings.

I hope someone knows, as I'm trying not to have to make a script for the air-brakes.

DragoFire xmas.gif