Sign in to follow this  
brgnorway

The Iraq Thread

They think one missile was a scud.They think the others were silkworm,chinese made.

The speculation from Bushs side has always been: once we start that war the ideological discussions will end and people will rather talk about the daily events and battles. And they are right. Now we are just considered as the sissy pacifist complainers and a chapter of the past...

Seems to me they know where everything is at.So makes you wonder if special forces didn't take out the illegal stuff before the attack.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 21 2003,09:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I mean, how could you be so gullible? Honestly, to trust that Iraq was actually cooperating, rather than just stringing us along, once again? Well, the other shoe has dropped, and we'll finally be able to get the real picture of what Iraq's weapon arsenal consists of.<span id='postcolor'>

I'll revert that question to you: How can you be so gullible? Honestly, to trust unconfirmed information that those were Scuds. Not even the coalition military command has confirmed that. On the contrary, senior US military officials have denied that they were scuds.

And where are those scary biological and chemical weapons? US troops are well inside Iraq right now and are going for Baghdad. Why hasn't Iraq use it's vast chemical arsnal that the Bush regime claims that he has? Saddam is going down, he has got nothing to lose.

It's sad how war transforms people into mindless simpletons who are ready to believe anything. You won't even question information that even the US military command does not support, although it would further their cause. But you do believe it. Amazing.

Just watching the Iraqi news conference with the Ministers of Information and Interior. So far it's the expected stuff about the "American mercenaries not leaving Iraq alive"... They aren't any more informative than CNN  biggrin.gif

Edit: But you gotta love the Interior minister's silver-plated AK and the leather chest rig.  biggrin.gif   tounge.gif

Edit2: They've also claimed a SF helicopter shot down

what are all those rockets for if those morons are too stupid to use them. Tonight the opposition forces in Afghanistan have undertaken their biggest counterstrike since five months and shot 10-20 rockets at UN-military camps. Not a single one hit the camp (and never did before). Maybe those nations see rockets as a sign of status-symbols...(probably because of its masculine shape -phallus). A rich dictator must have a Rolex, a Mercedes (with a golden oversized Mercedes-star) and a Rocket.... And besides all great leaders have one.(I mean the rocket)

Okay enough with the phallic imagery. I'm eating.

Just watched an interview with a member of the 101 airbourne heading into Iraq from Kuwait on CNN. He was asked about his motivations for his participation. He answered that this is the payback for 911. wow.gif

The reported from CNN asked him again and clarified his question. He told the 101 grunt that Iraq has not been involved in 911 attacks. The 101 smarthead replied that he has heard that RUMOURS also but it was above of his head.

To speak form my own experience I was informed about the reasons of my mission before the mission in a quite clear way.

For this grunt it seems he has no idea or was intentionally misinformed about Iraq´s participation or let´s better say non-participation in the 911 attacks.

Raises the question if it is ok to misinform your own troops in order to make them obey the orders, or are the members of the 101 really that stupid ?!?

EDIT: I also should mention that 2 other 101 members sat next to the interviewed one and accompaneed his 911 arguments with "Yeah, Yeah!" and "We wanna stick our noses into the dust!" IQ questions unnecessarry.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"9-11, it opened a lot of Americans eyes."

Not really. It pissed them off, but its obvious they didnt learn anything.<span id='postcolor'>

damn straight. These foreign bastards have poked a hornets' nest, and now they are going to pay hell in Afghanistan and Iraq. If they do not want us over there in their holy land, then they should not have provoked us to wrath. The Egyptian President blames Saddam for all of this. Yes, we are pissed off and are out for revenge (aka justice).

I should note that the Iraqi army appears to be in complete chaos. Remember folks, the purpose of the military is to kill people and break things. They are doing a jolly good job at it so far. Good for them! Hurray for the Yankees and the Brits and the Aussie's. Keep up the good work! Give Saddam my regards and put a maverick up his arse, compliments of the US. This is wonderful!

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Mar. 21 2003,14:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just watched an interview with a member of the 101 airbourne heading into Iraq from Kuwait on CNN. He was asked about his motivations for his participation. He answered that this is the payback for 911. wow.gif

The reported from CNN asked him again and clarified his question. He told the 101 grunt that Iraq has not been involved in 911 attacks. The 101 smarthead replied that he has heard that RUMOURS also but it was above of his head.

To speak form my own experience I was informed about the reasons of my mission before the mission in a quite clear way.

For this grunt it seems he has no idea or was intentionally misinformed about Iraq´s participation or let´s better say non-participation in the 911 attacks.

Raises the question if it is ok to misinform your own troops in order to make them obey the orders, or are the members of the 101 really that stupid ?!?

EDIT: I also should mention that 2 other 101 members sat next to the interviewed one and accompaneed his 911 arguments with "Yeah, Yeah!" and "We wanna stick our noses into the dust!" IQ questions unnecessarry.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, that is so silly it almost makes me laugh - unfortunately he is about to kill the wrong people - so I won't laugh at all.

I guess you would find idiots everywhere, but I agree that if you are about to kill people one should expect a valid reason -and not bullshit lies like that!

I hope the idiot thinks about that when he accidently kill an innocent civilian. Because in my mind "collateral damage" in this sense is just as bad as the terror of 911.

mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">damn straight. These foreign bastards have poked a hornets' nest, and now they are going to pay hell in Afghanistan and Iraq. <span id='postcolor'>

Product of the extraordinary quality of the US school system or a victim of propaganda ?

Or just 12 years old...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Mar. 21 2003,14:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">damn straight. These foreign bastards have poked a hornets' nest, and now they are going to pay hell in Afghanistan and Iraq. <span id='postcolor'>

Product of the extraordinary quality of the US school system or a victim of propaganda ?

Or just 12 years old...<span id='postcolor'>

Could be both confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"9-11, it opened a lot of Americans eyes."

Not really. It pissed them off, but its obvious they didnt learn anything.<span id='postcolor'>

Learn anything?? and wtf do they have to learn? To sit back and look anohter way just as if nothing would happen??

By the way, I´ve heard something about Napalm being prepared in Iraquis trenches...

Isnt´napalm classified as a dangerous chimical weapon since USA used it in Vietnam??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Mar. 21 2003,14:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wwah.jpg

wwahclose.jpg

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

What's your point Die Alive?

Revenge?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Mar. 21 2003,15:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Revenge?<span id='postcolor'>

To me it simply translates to fight terror.

wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 21 2003,15wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Mar. 21 2003,15:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Revenge?<span id='postcolor'>

To me it simply translates to fight terror.<span id='postcolor'>

I'll agree with you that Saddams regime is a "terror-regime" , but to say he had anything to do with 911 or Al Queda for that matter must be a result of delirium.

We can argue until we are blue in the face about evidence etc. but I personaly believe US has a different agenda - which affects the whole region.

However, even though I can't support this war - I'll admit that the removal of Saddam is a good consequence of the war.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Mar. 21 2003,16:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but to say he had anything to do with 911 or Al Queda for that matter must be a result of delirium.<span id='postcolor'>

1. I didn't say that.

2. I have no idea if there was any Iraqi involvement in 9/11.

3. There have been reports of Al Queda connections to Iraq.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 21 2003,15:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1. I didn't say that.<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry, my fault - no you didn't!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2. I have no idea if there was any Iraqi involvement in 9/11.<span id='postcolor'>

I suppose no one really can. But I'd say it's highly unprobable - he's not that stupid. It would mean the end of his regime (and life) .

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">3. There have been reports of Al Queda connections to Iraq.<span id='postcolor'>

They have been proved wrong.

I somehow feel we should all stop speculating (including myself) about the past too much and instead consentrating on what's to come.

I'm being bored about accusations from both sides I guess.

Indeed, let's all just argue heatedly about facts instead of speculation.

Takes the fun away but what the hell?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ Mar. 21 2003,15:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Indeed, let's all just argue heatedly about facts instead of speculation.

Takes the fun away but what the hell?<span id='postcolor'>

That's not exactly what I meant Jinef. What I'm suggesting is what is to come (only speculation of course) about rebuilding and financing a new Iraq, who's going to be central in that work and process of deciding - UN, US and UK or what?

How long will the occupation last, what kind of government will be established - should it be appointed by UN or US?

Things like that?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote  

3. There have been reports of Al Queda connections to Iraq.

They have been proved wrong.

<span id='postcolor'>

Have they been "proven" wrong? Really? No offense, but some of you people in other countries are not privy to our information. "Honest Abe" Saddam has denied any linkage but we (the US) has evidence that they (Al Queda) are training in Iraq. This was reported a few weeks ago. They are training to hijack planes there.

Iraq probably did not have a direct link to 911 but indirect links exist as well as direct links in supporting Palestinian suicide bombers.

Saddam is a nuisance and must be neutralized--to use the military term.

It's easy for these anti-US, anti-war countries to sit back and lick their chops and criticize us for neutralizing these threats but until they experience first-hand massive civilian casualties from an attack, they need to quietly sit on the sidelines and mind their own business.

For example, India is against our war. Hypocities--oh brood of vipers! They fuss with Pakistan all the time over Kashmir and were on the brink of nuclear war about a year ago--over a desolate, nothing grows there, good for nothing, rocks everywhere, goat infested, cold barren tundra, and wasteland? Who the effing hell are they to criticize us?

As I recall, the Aussies were not on board until their tourist attraction in Bali was blown to smithereens by terrorists. This is fact. They were wishy-washy until that happened. When you are attacked, it changes one's perspective.

Opps, one more scathing thing that needs to be said. I have noticed that the anti-war protestors are trying to mimic the maggot infested hippies of the 60s with their "peace and love" themes.

Was this a old Coaster's song?

Take out the papers and the trash

Or you don't get no spending cash

If you don't scrub that kitchen floor

You ain't gonna rock and roll no more

Yakety yak

Bomb Iraq

Just finish cleaning up your room

Let's see that dust fly with that broom

Get all that garbage out of sight

Or you don't go out Friday night

Yakety yak

Bomb Iraq

You just put on your coat and hat

And walk yourself to the laundry mat

And when you finish doing that

Bring in the dog and put out the cat

Yakety yak

Bomb Iraq

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tales_From_Topographic_Oceans @ Mar. 21 2003,10:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Was this a old Coaster's song?

Take out the papers and the trash

Or you don't get no spending cash

If you don't scrub that kitchen floor

You ain't gonna rock and roll no more

Yakety yak

Bomb Iraq

Just finish cleaning up your room

Let's see that dust fly with that broom

Get all that garbage out of sight

Or you don't go out Friday night

Yakety yak

Bomb Iraq

You just put on your coat and hat

And walk yourself to the laundry mat

And when you finish doing that

Bring in the dog and put out the cat

Yakety yak

Bomb Iraq<span id='postcolor'>

Rice, Rice, Baby! Condoleeza, Rice, Rice, Baby! Condoleeza!

Now that the party is jumping

With the airstrikes called in, Iraq’s ready for a stompin'

Drop a thermobaric bomb and, no fakin’,

Fry Saddam Hussein like a pound of bacon

And the House of Saud, if they ain't quick and nimble –

Osama’s head on a pike is our victory symbol

When Condi’s on the scene, you know what I mean

She ain’t gonna stop ‘till she’s wasted Arafat’s fiends

Middle East problem – she can solve it

Check out the hook while the DJ revolves it

=================================

Be our guest

Be our guest

Put our weapons to the test

For you know that we will whoop you with one hand behind our vest

Stealth bomber, cruise missle

You will get what you deserve

For you know that you won't get far

Don't believe me ask Shiek Omar

He don't sing

He don't dance

After all sir we ain't France

And you'll never get another second's rest

So go crawl underground

Where you will soon be found

With a hole

In your chest

You frick'n pest

Be our guest

-=Die Alive=-

"Have they been "proven" wrong? Really? No offense, but some of you people in other countries are not privy to our information. "Honest Abe" Saddam has denied any linkage but we (the US) has evidence that they (Al Queda) are training in Iraq. This was reported a few weeks ago. They are training to hijack planes there."

Have you seen any of this evidence or are you going on hear-say?

Hey, I went on the information I had at hand. Obviously it was innacurate at best, so consider me duly chastened.