soulkobk

[REQUEST] new engine command currentTIVisionMode

Not sure where I should put this request... but here goes.

I would like to add a request for a new engine command namely 'currentTIVisionMode' (or similar).

Why?

In my attempts to return the 'currentVisionMode' of a current player, ALL thermal vision modes return as '2' regardless of the thermal vision color scheme. As there are 8 different types of color schemes it would be nice to have a command that returns the current color scheme also.

The wiki for 'setCamUseTI' has the following thermal vision modes available for cam use, but in-game different objects use different thermal imaging, from scopes to range finders, the vision mode differs from one to the next, as well as headgear.

• 0 - White Hot
  • 1 - Black Hot
  • 2 - Light Green Hot / Darker Green cold
  • 3 - Black Hot / Darker Green cold
  • 4 - Light Red Hot /Darker Red Cold
  • 5 - Black Hot / Darker Red Cold
  • 6 - White Hot . Darker Red Cold
  • 7 - Thermal (Shade of Red and Green, Bodies are white)

It would be nice to be able to have return values on what thermal color scheme is currently in use, for example...

_TIMode = "";
if (currentVisionMode player isEqualTo 2) then // if player is currently in thermal vision mode
{
	switch (currentTIVisionMode player) do // possible new command to return current thermal vision mode color scheme, returns -1 if not in TI mode.
	{
		case: 0 { _TIMode = "White Hot" };
		case: 1 { _TIMode = "Black Hot" };
		case: 2 { _TIMode = "Light Green Hot / Darker Green cold" };
		case: 3 { _TIMode = "Black Hot / Darker Green cold" };
		case: 4 { _TIMode = "Light Red Hot /Darker Red Cold" };
		case: 5 { _TIMode = "Black Hot / Darker Red Cold" };
		case: 6 { _TIMode = "White Hot . Darker Red Cold" };
		case: 7 { _TIMode = "Thermal (Shade of Red and Green, Bodies are white)" };
		default { _TIMode = "None" };
	};
};

Whilst scripting for 'drawIcon3D', in my attempts to change the color scheme of the icons/text in relation to 'currentVisionMode', it works great (0, 1, 2), but when it comes to referencing the color scheme in mode '2', it was impossible to achieve. In my scripting, when in normal vision mode the icons are all colored, when in night vision mode all colors change to shades of green, and when in thermal mode all colors change to shades of grey (based upon headgear thermal imaging color scheme). It would be nice to change the color scheme even more so considering that there are 8 different thermal imaging color schemes to choose from and use in game (whether cam use or player object use).

The above is merely a request/suggestion... although it would be great if it could come to fruition.

Thanks for reading...

-soul.

• Like 1