ginntonic

Arma is cool idea but doesnt work for me

Interesting stage of the conversation. I'm not going to quote a lot of posts but some quick points.

Although a popular youtubber, Drewski isn't an 'Arma expert'. The experts are the ones who have patiently explained why you're seeing and experiencing the concerns you are. These players have not only been around for some time, but @Gunter Severloh creates scripts for Arma and does a lot of impromptu help desk stuff on these forums.

Their feedback seems largely ignored or discounted in this thread.

Going back to the restaurant analogy, sure this forum could be considered the Yelp page, but instead of giving a bad review and finding a restaurant you like, you're replying to others who are explaining why the fish was bad on the night you went on. Or ignoring the good reviews all together, instead continuing other reviews on why you're right to hate the Arma kitchen, regardless of what others think.

Perfect analogy? Probably not. But as we're talking opinions,, in my opinion, the analogy is as valid as your argument around Arma.

No one is saying you have to like Arma. Most in the thread are explaining how to fix the concerns to enjoy it as much as they do. Personally, I rolled my eyes at the threads title. There are a lot of games in my Steam account I'll never play again because they weren't what I thought they'd be. Not once have I gone onto the games forums to knock the company's work or announce I wouldn't be gracing the game with my presence any more.

But that's just me.

• Like 7

I have seen some cases, mostly when it comes to airplanes and helicopters that now and then skip/jump back in the air. However the problem I have experienced has been minimal, and that is ranging from 5 to 40 player co-op and 10- 140 player pvp. It's all about what servers you play on and if the server is having a bad day. Some maps also have certain areas that give people fps problems. Sometimes it happens but it's been so few times I hardly would call it a serious problem. Now I don't play on public servers so it could be a totally different situation over there. I don't know exactly what game modes you play but if it is life servers and such they are quite "famous" for having lousy perfomance.

And about fluid movements, it's true that Arma close quarter battle isn't the most fluid thing, getting stuck in doors and on stairs and such is sadly a reality. But to say outdoor fightings suffer as well is beyond my comprehension, IMO medium range fights is where Arma shines.

• Like 2