Sign in to follow this  
earl

Russian small arms addon

Here's my first textured weapon model for the addon I've started.

VSS Vintorez (scope still in progress...)

vss_01.jpg

Don't worry, I'm still working on the SR47 too!

Oh god i hate those ´holding gun´ animations...

we need to freshen them up a little bit!

any possibility for new animations?

Reload and all.

Wow, that is impressive.

What are the poly counts on this and the SR47?

@Edgie, The VSS is 790 polys. The PSO scope is quite detailed too, it's about 580 on its own. I haven't optimized it yet, however, so it will probably be below 500.

Also, as I have mentioned a number of times, I need to see what surfaces are visible in the game, and I plan to delete the surfaces that can never be seen from 1st person view. I think that will take the count down to at least 1100.

@Major Fubar, this uses the PSO scope, I think it's the same model that's used on the SVD. I assume the reticule would be the same, but I guess the 9x39mm ballistics wouldn't match the reticule information anymore.

@TkKivi, sorry, I have no idea how to edit animations, I just make guns. sad.gif

@Crunchyfrog, I didn't realize there were other VSS addons around, I'm pretty new in OFP modding.

Will there be an iron sight only as well?

And, as an aside, are you going to make accurate iron sight reticules? (as in America's Army, for example)

No iron sights for the VSS I don't think, only PSO. The AS Val will probably have 2 options, iron sights and PK-A collimator.

I will do my best to make realistic iron sights, I REALLY like the iron sights in America's Army.

2 earl

The model looks impressive and pretty aspecially textures. BUT! To many details and too many polygons. In summary about 1200 poly? Many details may be like textures. An example: in my addon of VSS and AS, in first LOD and view gunner Lod, the VSS with sight was 502 poly.

Howeaver the screens looks very good.

P.S. where you're is modeling your's models? And whow? i meen with splanes, NURBS or with standart modules?

Sorry mailman76, I didn't realize there already were VSS and AS rifles made for OFP.

My main reason for doing this project is that I want the models ready for Raven Sheild. My final goal for polys is about 1000, and I think I can bring the VSS close to that. Right now it's actually 1301, which I know is quite high.

I think 502 polys is a bit low for the Gunner View LOD, even the original OFP weapons must be over that. Also, since the second part of this project is to use the weapons in Raven Shield with the Unreal engine, it can handle 1000 polys in the first person view. I think America's Army uses the same engine, and those weapons look great, they must be over 800 I think.

I use regular polygon modeling - mostly extruded splines. I have a small tutorial that I started working for Ghost Recon weapons (in 3dsmax)

http://www.baconbomb.com/modworks/weapon_modeling.html

Here's the final 1st person LOD:

vss_02.jpg

yeah there are other models of it but dont let that stop you. Your in progress pictures look better than half of the finishs models of it.