Sign in to follow this  
Ruskiesrule

Target spotted at gf21

this is how the mission goes in brief,

player escapes from base,

then every time hes spotted by a sentry or sniper, i want a chopper, and a BMP or truck full of men to speed to the players last known posistion (people in truck and bmp will get out and take a look) then if the player is spotted some place else by a sentry or sniper the enemys will jump back into truck or bmp and go to his next last known posistion.

If spotted by one of the search party members the search party will give chase, and so will the chopper.

Any ideas how?

If you make a squad of the men in the BMP, but have one member of that squad as a lookout in a completely different part of the map (or wherever, he'd need a script which stops him from moving) then when that squad member sees you, he will alert the rest of his squad who will come and try and look for you in your last known position.

Alernatively, if you had all of your soldiers inside the BMP and the chopper, the lookouts could be members of the BMP and choppers squad. That way, when the lookout sees you, the BMP and chopper will come to try and engage you.

But the advantage of the second idea is that you can have 7 lookouts (because you will also have 3 ppl in the BMP and 2 in the chopper)

is it not possible to use a script for people from another squad to do this?

I'm gunna need more than 7 look outs, this is for the Sarugao campaign, so if you imagen an island about third the size of Everon, with a POW escapie running around with a load of Russians looking for him, i'm gunna need more than 7 people to spot him.

But that was a very nice idea.

Before i used scripts i could come up with ideas somthing like that!

If you use the knowsabout command you will be able to see if an AI unit has seen the player for example:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#loop

?(sniper knowsabout player) > 0: goto "found"

~1

goto "loop"

#found

bmpguy domove (getpos player)

<span id='postcolor'>

RED

I have a little routine that I'd share with you if you think it would help. It's basicly a series of scripts that sends a helo out to your position, drops troops, and the troops relentlessly hunt you down. There's a random location factor so they don't find exactly where you are, (like on your head) that you can vary. You could easily modify it to use trucks, BMP's etc, have your troops get out, scurry around the area and return to the transport vehicle if they find nothing (to be ready for the next sighting) or if they do find you I think the AI will take over and engage. I don't see a way to post a sample mission to this forum so let me know if you want it and how to get it to you.

mcnorth

Another ways :

Let searching groups be grouped with their bvp/heli. If they need travel far, they will use it automatically.

1) for stationary look-outs : create triggers : west detected by east

for searching group make only one wp: guard or sentry (I'm not sure now which one is the right one confused.gifsmile.gif)

If east sniper detect west player in trigger area he will call reinforcements.

If it will not work, use

2)You do not need any wp for searching groups.

Execute searching script at begining of the escape :

[snipers] exec "search.sqs"

for example : [snip1,snip2,snip3,snip4,snip5,snip6,snip7] exec "search.sqs"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_snipers=_this select 0

_c=count _snipers

_i=_c

#loop

_i=_i-1

_who=_snipers select _i

?(_who knowsabout player) >= 1: goto "found"

~2

?_i==0:_i=_c

goto "loop"

#found

leader1 move (getpos player)

leader2 move (getpos player)

~10

_i=_c

goto "loop"<span id='postcolor'>

thanks.

You guys not use abreviations? Suc has Ply or Plyr for player, and snp or snip or snpr?

makes the editting process a who lot faster!

I now find my self making whole missions in an hour, then deciding which ones are good and scraping the rest!

Well if we used shortened names in scripts it may be harder for you to understand the meaning of the variables.

RED

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruskiesrule @ Dec. 09 2002,17:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You guys not use abreviations? Suc has Ply or Plyr for player, and snp or snip or snpr?<span id='postcolor'>

Look at RED's answer and PLAYER is always unit controled by player, but PLY or PLYR is always one named unit. Look at some scripting reference about PLAYER.

Hmm,...could you do the same thing with a spotter aircraft?

Maybe a helicopter randomly searching the map, and calling in ground forces to the position he sees the player at.

Of course. Use my script and execute it by :

[plane] exec "search.sqs"

You must only make your plane/helicopter to move randomly over map.