Sign in to follow this  
jandrews

My dear friend say3d

So this has been a thorn in my side forever.  I have tried say3d for radio chatter and music but it's always local never global.  Any way to make radio chatter or music global for all players to hear?  I'd like it to come from a radio or object where the sound gets louder as the player gets closer.

Thanks!  And yes. I always google this stuff and no I have had terrible luck using this.

Any input is appreciated.

Try this:

[player, ["Alarm_BLUFOR", 125, 1]] remoteExec ["say3D", ([0, -2] select isDedicated), false];

• Like 1

Hey thanks for this.  Could you please link me the wiki to this. I would like to know what the parameters are.

11 hours ago, HazJ said:

Try this:

[player, ["Alarm_BLUFOR", 125, 1]] remoteExec ["say3D", ([0, -2] select isDedicated), false];

Thanks for those great links.  Bookmark worthy.  

Let me see if I have this.

Edited.  Ok reading more into it.  Thanks.

params remoteExec [functionName, targets, JIP];

targets (Optional): [default: 0 = everyone]

Number - Only 0 and 2 are special. When 0, the function or command will be executed globally, i.e. on the server and every connected client, including the one where remoteExec was originated. When 2, it will be executed only on the server. When 3, 4, 5...etc it will be executed on the client where clientOwner ID matches the given number. When number is negative, the effect is inverted. -2 means execute on every client but not the server. -12, for example, means execute on the server and every client, but not on the client where clientOwner ID is equal to 12.

Object - the function will be executed only where unit is local

String - the function will be executed only where object or group defined by the variable with passed name is local

Side - the function will be executed only on clients where the player is on the specified side

Group - the function will be executed only on clients where the player is in the specified group. In order to execute the function where group is local pass owner of the group as param:
_myGroup remoteExec ["deleteGroup", groupOwner _myGroup];

Array - array of any of types listed above

I assume when you say unknown, you mean targets?

Hey thanks.  You were responding as I was editing the last post.  I just needed to go to bottom of page for remoteExec. 

Ok.  So how do I use this and have the sound come from a specific object like a vehicle.

[theHazMobile, ["Alarm_BLUFOR", 125, 1]] remoteExec ["say3D", ([0, -2] select isDedicated), false];

Assuming you have named the vehicle theHazMobile lol.

17 minutes ago, HazJ said:

[theHazMobile, ["Alarm_BLUFOR", 125, 1]] remoteExec ["say3D", ([0, -2] select isDedicated), false];

Assuming you have named the vehicle theHazMobile lol.

Got it.  Thanks. Will try when I get home.