Sign in to follow this  
goreng

1.7 released but no access to Apex/Tanoa

First thanks for the linux version.   I don't understand why it runs better on Arch linux vs windows but I love that it does.    No fps issues in linux yet brutal performance in Windows.   ???

Anyways.  Very excited to see a 64bit version make it to the nix world with 1.7.   However, I can't access the Apex content.   The game informs me to wait for steam to download the content, yet steam so far does not.   I have tried both with the beta (Arma3LegacyPort) and without the beta selected with same results. 

Is this in the works or am i missing something?

• Like 1

I've had this problem since Apex came out.
The only way that could make it work for me was to download the legacyports version from a windows box, and copy the contents of it to my Ubuntu games directory.

Servers on the Internet think that I've pirated the game, but I can play the game without Apex crashing it.

This really pisses me off because I proudly bought Apex before they put any rebates/discounts on it because I wanted to support BI as a company.
I'm not going to do something like that now of course, and I'm definitely not going to buy anymore dlc from them, because of my experiences over the last year.

UPDATE:
That workaround that I had is broken.
Even though I've owned Apex for as long as it has existed and can see the assets for it in my Arma folder, and can load Apex assets into Stratis/Altis it will not let me load Tanoa.

Looks like they fixed it.

Yesterday I installed the game after the update came out. No Apex at the time.

This morning I got another 5GiB download and now Apex works fine :)

Yep everything works as intended as of this morning.     Back to Tanoa.    BI thanks again for making this port.